Here is today's list of food safety recalls, product withdrawals and allergy alerts. The live links will take you directly to the official recall notices and company news releases that contain detailed information for each recall and alert.
- Allergy Alert: Unilever United States, Inc. (Englewood Cliffs, NJ) recalls certain Shedd’s Country Crock® chilled side-dish products because they may contain undeclared sulfites. One report of four family members who suffered an adverse reaction has been received by Unilever. The recalled items were distributed across the USA.
- Allergy Alert: Superior Foods Co. (Grand Rapids, MI) recalls Lemon Pepper Marinated Catfish because it may contain undeclared soy and FD&C Yellow #5, and also recalls Cajun Style Marinated Catfish because it may contain undeclared soy and milk. The recalled items were distributed nationwide.
- Food Safety Recall: Five Crowns Marketing (Brawley, CA) recalls one lot of cantaloupes packed under the Majesty label after a consignee detects Salmonella in a sample. The recalled cantaloupes were shipped to wholesalers, retailers, and food service operators in Alabama, California, Illinois, Michigan, Minnesota, New York, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, and Tennessee.
- Food Safety Recall: The Kroger Co. recalls whole Majesty brand cantaloupes and several cut melon products that contain Majesty brand cantaloupe, due to possible Salmonella contamination. The cut melon products were sold in Kroger stores in Michigan, the northern West Virginia panhandle, and Central and Northwest Ohio.
- Food Safety Recall: Wegmans recalls Majesty brand whole cantaloupes due to possible Salmonella contamination. The Wegmans supermarket chain has stores in Maryland, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania and Virginia
- Consumer Product Recall: Melissa & Doug Inc. (Westport, CT) recalls Slice and Bake Cookie set, Shape Sorting Cube, and Pound a Peg toys after Health Canada determines that the surface paint on the toys contains barium in excess of the allowable limit. The recalled products were manufactured in China and sold across Canada.
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket's recall web site.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Giant Food LLC
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- Harvey's Supermarket
- The Kroger Company*
- Price Chopper
- Roundy's Supermarkets, Inc.
- Stop & Shop
- Sweetbay Supermarkets
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.
*The Kroger umbrella encompasses numerous supermarket, marketplace and convenience store chains, listed on the Kroger corporate home page.
If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please submit your request using the link on our sidebar.