- Food Safety Recall: Épices Pam (10841 rue Plaza, Montréal-Nord, QC) recalls all Épices Pam food items sold in variable sizes in refrigerated display cases, because the products may be contaminated with Clostridium botulinum. The public is strongly advised against consuming the recalled food.
- Allergy Alert (EU #2009.1545): Undeclared egg in pancakes from the Netherlands; distributed in Denmark and Sweden
- Food Recall (Northern Ireland): Coca Cola Hellenic Bottling Company recalls certain batches of Dr. Pepper because of high levels of benzoic acid.
- Food Safety Recall (EU #2009.1555): Listeria monocytogenes in chicken drumsticks from Poland; distributed in the United Kingdom
- Food Safety Recall (EU #2009.1552): Histamine in fillets of allace from Albania; distributed in Italy
- Food Safety Recall (EU #2009.1547): Salmonella Mbandaka in frozen beef trimming from Poland, via Germany; distributed in Sweden
- Food Safety Recall (EU #2009.1546): Salmonella Senftenberg in frozen bovine meat from Uruguay, via Germany; distributed in Sweden
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket's recall web site.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Giant Food LLC
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- Harvey's Supermarket
- The Kroger Company*
- Price Chopper
- Roundy's Supermarkets, Inc.
- Stop & Shop
- Sweetbay Supermarkets
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.
*The Kroger umbrella encompasses numerous supermarket, marketplace and convenience store chains, listed on the Kroger corporate home page.
If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please submit your request using the link on our sidebar.