- Allergy Alert: HP Hood, the manufacturer of Hannaford Eggnog, directs Hannaford Supermarkets to remove certain containers of the half-gallon size of Hannaford Eggnog from store shelves because the product may contain food colorings that are not listed on the ingredient panel.
- Allergy Alert: Fresh & Easy Neighborhood Market recalls some fresh&easy™ "Pumpkin Cheesecake Pies" (40 oz.) because they may contain undeclared pecans. The recalled product was sold in Fresh & Easy Neighborhood Market stores in California, Nevada and Arizona.
- Food Safety Recall: Service Smoked Fish Corp. (Brooklyn, NY) recalls specific "Use-By" dates and lot codes of Brooklyn's BEST brand SMOKED NOVA SALMON because they may be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes. The recalled smoked salmon was sold in retail stores in in the greater New York area, New Jersey, Connecticut, and the areas of Baltimore, MD, Los Angeles, CA, and Portland, Oregon.
- Pet Prescription Drug Alert: Intervet/Schering-Plough Animal Health alerts consumers that Vetsulin for Diabetic Dogs has been found to be out of specification in regards to the long term stability of the crystalline, or long acting, component. Users of this medication should consult their veterinarians immediately.
- Allergy Alert: Norref l'entrepôt (4900 Molson, Montréal, QC) recalls six ready-to-eat products, because they contain undeclared egg, soy, wheat, milk, crab flavor and fish flavor
- Pet Prescription Drug Alert: Health Canada alerts veterinarians and pet owners with diabetic dogs about a possible manufacturing problem with Caninsulin (an Intervet/Schering-Plough Animal Health product), a drug used to treat diabetes in dogs and cats. Pet owners whose dogs are being treated with Caninsulin should consult their veterinarians about this advisory immediately.
- Consumer Product Recall: Elfe Juvenile Products of Toronto and Montreal recalls KoolSoother Gel-Filled Teether by Nuby™ because the gel is contaminated with Bacillus cereus/thuringiensis/mycoides bacteria. The recalled products, which were imported from China, were sold at Wal-Mart stores across Canada
- Food Alert (UK): Tesco Stores Ltd withdraws two batches of their own brand wholegrain brown rice due to possible contamination with insects.
- Food Alert (Republic of Ireland): Tesco Ireland withdraws two batches of its Tesco Wholefoods brand of Wholegrain Brown Rice in 1 kg packs, due to the presence in some of the packs of live weevils (insects).
- Food Alert (Republic of Ireland): Kellogg's recalls one batch of its Chocotastic Pop Tarts due to the presence of mould.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2009.1601): Unauthorised substance leucomalachite green in mudfish steaks (Ophiocephalus striatus) from Vietnam, via the Netherlands; distributed in the Czech Republic
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2009.1603): Histamine (suspected) in chilled yellowfin tuna from Sri Lanka; distributed in Italy
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket's recall web site.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Giant Food LLC
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- Harvey's Supermarket
- The Kroger Company*
- Price Chopper
- Roundy's Supermarkets, Inc.
- Stop & Shop
- Sweetbay Supermarkets
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.
*The Kroger umbrella encompasses numerous supermarket, marketplace and convenience store chains, listed on the Kroger corporate home page.
If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please submit your request using the link on our sidebar.