- Allergy Alert: Curly's Food, Inc. (Sioux City, IA) recalls approximately 12,181 pounds of roast beef deli products because they were inadvertently mislabeled and contain undeclared soy.
- Allergy Alert: Bay Valley Foods, LLC (Pittsburgh, PA) recalls approximately 20,286 pounds of canned cream of mushroom soup because it was inadvertently mislabeled and may contain undeclared egg.
- Allergy Alert: Kroger Co. recalls Kroger brand Hazelnut Spread (13 oz.) because it contains undeclared peanuts. The recalled product was available in Kroger, Dillons, King Soopers, Peyton Fountain and Southeast stores.
- Food Safety Recall: Giant Food Stores expands earlier recall of ground beef products supplied by Fairbank Farms to include additional expiration date codes, because the meat may be contaminated with E. coli O157:H7.
- Food Safety Alert: The Alabama Department of Agriculture issues a Stop Sale notice for imported catfish and basa product from Indonesia, Thailand, Cambodia, China and Vietnam due to positive results for the antibiotic fluoroquinolones.
- Pet Treat Safety Recall: PetSmart recalls two Dentley's Beef Hoof products for potential Salmonella contamination. The products were manufactured by Pet Carousel, Inc. (Sanger, CA) and shipped to PetSmart distribution centers in Ottawa (IL), Groveport (OH) and Newnan (GA) for distribution to PetSmart retail locations.
- Dietary Supplement Safety Warning: FDA warns consumers that Stiff Nights, a product marketed as a dietary supplement for sexual enhancement, contains an ingredient that can dangerously lower blood pressure and is illegal.
- Food Safety Recall: At the request of Health Canada, U&ME Marketing recalls Chaotic Beverages sold under the brand names Mind Strike, Fearocity, Elixir of Tenacity and Power Pulse "... because they are unauthorized products marketed to a vulnerable population (children) with ingredients that may pose a health risk."
- Allergy Alert (UK): Waitrose recalls its Deliciously Different Thai Red Chicken Curry with Wild Rice, Pak Choi and Red Peppers, because it might contain shrimp paste that is not mentioned on the label.
- Food Safety Recall (EU #2009.1500): Histamine in fresh tuna fillets (Thunnus albacares) from France; distributed to Italy
- Dietary Supplement Recall (EU #2009.1503): Adverse reaction caused by herbal food supplement from China, via the United States; distributed to Italy
Asia, Africa & The Pacific
- Drug Ingredient Alert (Hong Kong): The Department of Health warns consumers not to buy or use "Zeng Da Yan Shi Wan" as it was found to contain an undeclared drug ingredient – sildenafil – which may cause serious side effects.
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket's recall web site.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Giant Food LLC
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- Harvey's Supermarket
- The Kroger Company*
- Price Chopper
- Roundy's Supermarkets, Inc.
- Stop & Shop
- Sweetbay Supermarkets
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.
*The Kroger umbrella encompasses numerous supermarket, marketplace and convenience store chains, listed on the Kroger corporate home page.
If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please submit your request using the link on our sidebar.