- FDA Warning Letter: Tampa Peanut Distributors warned by letter on October 8, 2009 to correct several "... objectionable conditions and practices..." that were observed during a June 2009 FDA inspection.
- FDA Warning Letter: Basic American Foods warning by letter on October 7, 2009 to correct "...serious violations of the seafood Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) regulations..." and violations of Good Manufacturing Practices that were observed during a June 2009 FDA inspection.
- Food Safety Recall: Bloom (part of Food Lion LLC) recalls Fairbank Farms 93% lean ground beef that was sold in Bloom supermarkets in North Carolina, South Carolina and Virginia, because the meat may be contaminated with E. coli O157:H7
- Food Safety Recall: HP Hood recalls a certain number of cartons of Lactaid Calcium Fortified Fat Free Milk that may contain diluted food grade cleaning solution. The recall notice was on the Big Y World Class Market web site.
- Food Safety Notice: Alabama Department of Agriculture & Industries stops the sale of imported fish in the state, due to contamination by Fluoroquinolones, a banned substance in the United States.
- Food Safety Recall (UK): Sainsbury's recalls its Belgian Wholenut Dark Chocolate with the 'best before' date of 17 September 2010, because the product might contain pieces of hard plastic.
- Food Alert (EU #2009.1487): Insect-infested pasta from Italy via the United Kingdom (probably Conforti brand) infested with insects; distributed to Germany, Ireland, Poland and the UK.
Australia and New Zealand
- Food Safety Recall (Australia): New World Trading Comp Pty Ltd recalls bean curd products, because they may contain Bacillus cereus, a bacterial agent of food poisoning. The recalled products were sold through Asian retail outlets in South Australia, Victoria, West Australia, Queensland and Tasmania.
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket's recall web site.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Giant Food LLC
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- Harvey's Supermarket
- The Kroger Company*
- Price Chopper
- Roundy's Supermarkets, Inc.
- Stop & Shop
- Sweetbay Supermarkets
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.
*The Kroger umbrella encompasses numerous supermarket, marketplace and convenience store chains, listed on the Kroger corporate home page.
If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please submit your request using the link on our sidebar.