- Allergy Alert: Pelican Bay Ltd. (Dunedin, FL) recalls all their Caramel Chocolate Truffle Hot Chocolate Mix because it may contain undeclared tree nuts.
- Allergy Alert: Charleston Cookie Company (Charleston, SC) recalls packages of Almond Cookies which were sold as a component of the Dean and Deluca "Americana" cookie tin because the cookies contain undeclared butter (milk).
- Food Safety Recall: BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc. recalls fresh ground beef products supplied by Fairbank Farms, because the meat may be contaminated with E. coli O157:H7. The recalled products were sold at BJ's locations in Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, and Virginia.
- Food Safety Recall: USDA releases updated retail distribution list for Fairbank Farms recall of E. coli O157:H7-contaminated ground beef products.
- Dietary Supplement Recall: BODYBUILDING.COM announces nationwide and international recall of 65 dietary supplements that may contain steroids.
- Allergy Alert (UK): Asda recalls Extra Special Chocolate Coated Nut Selection with a 'best before' date of 30 April 2010, because the product contains undeclared barley gluten.
- Food Recall (Ireland): TK Maxx recalls certain Pastificio Conforti Brand Pasta products due to possible insect infestation.
- Food Recall (EU #2009.1496): Plastic fragments in wholenut dark chocolate from Belgium; distributed to the United Kingdom.
- Food Recall (EU #2009.1494): Mold and yeast in Swiss rolls with cocoa or fruit filling from Poland; distributed to Romania.
- Food Safety Recall (EU #2009.1495): Mercury in smoked swordfish (Xiphias gladius) from Spain; distributed to Italy.
- Dietary Supplement Recall (EU #2009.1490): Unauthorised substance tadalafil in food supplement from the United States; distributed to Italy. Please see BodyBuilding.com recall notice under the United States heading, above, for additional product recall details.
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket's recall web site.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Giant Food LLC
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- Harvey's Supermarket
- The Kroger Company*
- Price Chopper
- Roundy's Supermarkets, Inc.
- Stop & Shop
- Sweetbay Supermarkets
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.
*The Kroger umbrella encompasses numerous supermarket, marketplace and convenience store chains, listed on the Kroger corporate home page.
If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please submit your request using the link on our sidebar.