- Allergy Alert: Jelly Belly Candy Company recalls 7.5-ounce cylinder-style packages of 49 Flavors Jelly Belly jelly beans due to the presence of undeclared peanut butter and peanut flour.
- Food Safety Recall: USDA releases expanded retail distribution list for E. coli O157:H7-contaminated meat recalled by Fairbank Farms
- Pet Treat Safety Warning: FDA warns consumers not to use Pig Ears and Beef Hooves manufactured by Pet Carousel under various brand names, because the pet treats may be contaminated with Salmonella. The contamination was discovered by FDA during the course of a routine inspection of Pet Carousel's manufacturing facility. Both PetSmart and Petco have initiated product recalls as a result of the FDA warning.
- OTC Medication Recall: McNeil Consumer Healthcare, Division of McNEIL-PPC, Inc. recalls a limited number of TYLENOL® Arthritis Pain Caplet 100 count bottles after an unusual smell or taste associated with these lots led to a small number of people reporting nausea and related symptoms.
- Food Recall: Food City advises its customers that Farmbest Non-Fat Lite Strawberry Yogurt (6 oz.) has been recalled. No details were provided.
- Allergy Alert: GIGI Importing Ltd. recalls several Nutkao brand nut spreads from Italy due to the presence of undeclared peanuts. The recalled products were distributed in British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Ontario and Quebec, and may also have been available in other Canadian provinces and territories.
- Allergy Alert (UK and Republic of Ireland): Tesco recalls some of its own brand Milk Chocolate Covered Raisins, sold in the UK and the Republic of Ireland, because the packages may contain peanuts that are not declared on the labeling.
- Food Recall (UK): Asda recalls its own-brand Wholefoods Garland Figs (250g) with a 'best before' date of 31 July 2010, because the product is infested with moth larvae.
- Food Safety Recall (EU #2009.1514): Salmonella Amsterdam in husked sesame seed from India; distributed to Austria and Germany
- Food Safety Recall (EU #2009.1519): Salmonella in fresh pennywort leaves (Centella asiatica) from Thailand; distributed to Sweden
- Food Safety Recall (EU #2009.1525): Salmonella in dried dairy powder from the Netherlands; distributed to Belgium, Netherlands and Portugal
- Food Safety Recall (EU #2009.1530): Listeria monocytogenes in smoked salmon from Poland; distributed to Italy
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket's recall web site.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Giant Food LLC
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- Harvey's Supermarket
- The Kroger Company*
- Price Chopper
- Roundy's Supermarkets, Inc.
- Stop & Shop
- Sweetbay Supermarkets
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.
*The Kroger umbrella encompasses numerous supermarket, marketplace and convenience store chains, listed on the Kroger corporate home page.
If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please submit your request using the link on our sidebar.