- Food Safety Recall: Snow Creek Meat Processing (Seneca, SC) recalls approximately 75 pounds of fresh beef trim products that may be contaminated with E. coli O157:H7. The recalled meat was sold at Amazing Savings retail stores in North Carolina and South Carolina.
- Food Safety Recall: The California Department of Public Health warns consumers not to eat SENG Chen PiMei Candy, which has been recalled due to the presence of excessive lead. The candies were manufactured in China by Seng, and were imported by Tjiat Seng Eximi of Singapore.
- Skin Product Safety Recall: Clarcon Biological Chemistry Laboratory Inc. (Roy, UT) has recalled several skin care lotions and sanitizers after an FDA inspection uncovered excessive contamination with potentially harmful bacteria, as well as other deviations from FDA requirements.
Europe, Including the United Kingdom
- Allergy Alert (UK): Tesco recalls its own brand of Lamb Rogan Josh products due to the presence of undeclared wheat, soya and sulfites.
- Food Safety Alert (Finland): The Finnish Food Safety Authority recommends that consumers heat imported frozen raspberries for at least 2 minutes at 90ºC. Imported frozen raspberries are suspected as the source of a series of Norovirus outbreaks that have been reported this spring in various parts.
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket's recall web site.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- Harvey's Supermarket
- The Kroger Company*
- Price Chopper
- Roundy's Supermarkets, Inc.
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.
*The Kroger umbrella encompasses numerous supermarket, marketplace and convenience store chains, listed on the Kroger corporate home page.
If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please submit your request using the link on our sidebar.