- Food Safety Recall: Cameco, Inc. (Verona, NJ) recalls approximately 79,312 pounds of various fully cooked, ready-to-eat meat and poultry products because the products may contain under-processed ham components after contacting surfaces of equipment. The recalled products were distributed under a variety of brand names.
- Food Safety Recall: Wegmans recalls Wegmans Food You Feel Good About Chunky Apple Sauce Natural (no sugar added), 23.5 oz. with a Best By date of 04/13/11 and UPC 77890-10692, because the rim of the glass jar may chip, possibly leading to glass in the apple sauce.
Europe, Including the United Kingdom
- Food Supplement Recall (Ireland): The Food Safety Authority of Ireland warns consumers to discontinue using Hydroxycut food supplements, due to reports of liver damage in some users in the United States and Finland.
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket's recall web site.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- Harvey's Supermarket
- The Kroger Company*
- Price Chopper
- Roundy's Supermarkets, Inc.
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.
*The Kroger umbrella encompasses numerous supermarket, marketplace and convenience store chains, listed on the Kroger corporate home page.
If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please submit your request using the link on our sidebar.