- Allergy Alert: La Mexicana, Inc. (Seattle, WA) recalls Solena Tortilla Chips with a June 03, 2009 code date, because they may contain undeclared milk and milk products. The recalled chips were distributed to retailers and food service outlets in Oregon and Washington.
- Food Safety Recall: Alimentation M.R. (1727, rue Savoie, Plessisville, QC) recalls all sliced deli meats, salads and take-out sandwiches sold between June 8 and June 19 inclusive, due to possible contamination with Listeria monocytogenes.
- Food Safety Recall: Boucherie Fouquet-Morel (730 boul. des Récollets, Trois-Rivières, QC) recalls all smoked salmon and Rillettes de truite St-Alexis because the vacuum-packaging may permit growth of Clostridium botulinum.
Europe, Including the United Kingdom
- Allergy Alert (UK): Sainsbury's recalls some Heritage Raspberry Jelly and Strawberry Upside Down Trifle due to a labeling mix-up that resulted in the presence of undeclared milk, egg and wheat gluten.
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket's recall web site.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- Harvey's Supermarket
- The Kroger Company*
- Price Chopper
- Roundy's Supermarkets, Inc.
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.
*The Kroger umbrella encompasses numerous supermarket, marketplace and convenience store chains, listed on the Kroger corporate home page.
If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please submit your request using the link on our sidebar.