Pistachio Product Recalls
- Regal Health Food International, Inc. recalls Regal Gourmet Snacks In-Shell Pistachios (9-ounce bags; Lot #2958D05XLA1)
- Food Safety Recall: Schaller Mfg. Corp. (Schaller & Weber) of Long Island City, NY, recalls approximately 564 pounds of duck leg confit and kolbase sausage products that may be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes. The problem was detected by the company testing carried out as part of its routine monitoring program.
- Food Safety Advisory: Seven East Coast states, including Connecticut, Maine, Rhode Island, New Jersey, New Hampshire, Delaware and Maryland, are advising residents to limit their consumption of large bluefish and striped bass caught in Long Island Sound. The flesh of these two species of fish contain high levels of PCBs.
- Food Safety Advisory: The Massachusetts Department of Health and Human Services reminds consumers of the potential for mercury and/or PCB contamination in several species of marine fish, freshwater fish and shellfish.
- Food Safety Recall: Le Saucissier Gaspésien recalls five varieties of dried sausage after Salmonella contamination was detected in one of the five varieties (saucisson sec doux le rimouskois)
Europe, Including the United Kingdom
- Allergy Alert (UK): Asda recalls some Asda Extra Special Apricot Conserve, because it contains undeclared sulphur dioxide
- Food Alert (UK): Certain batch codes of Heinz, Iceland, Morrisons and Sainsbury's frozen apple pies have been recalled due to contamination with small pieces of white plastic on the tops of the products
Australia and New Zealand
- Dog Treat Recall (Australia): Virbac (Australia) Pty Ltd. recalls VeggieDent™ Dog Chews (Batch numbers C14808, C14908, C01409 and C1509).
Asia, Africa and the Pacific
- Food Safety Alert (Hong Kong): The Centre for Food Safety has found trace levels (0.1 to 0.3 micrograms per litre) of cocaine in samples of Red Bull Cola, Red Bull Energy Drink and Red Bull Sugar-free. Major supermarket chains in the territory have removed these products from store shelves.
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket's recall web site.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- Harvey's Supermarket
- The Kroger Company*
- Price Chopper
- Roundy's Supermarkets, Inc.
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.
*The Kroger umbrella encompasses numerous supermarket, marketplace and convenience store chains, listed on the Kroger corporate home page.
If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please submit your request using the link on our sidebar.