- Food Safety Recall: SP Provisions (Portland, OR) recalls approximately 39,973 pounds of ground beef products that may be contaminated with E. coli O157:H7. The contamination was detected by FSIS during routine sampling. Recalled product was distributed to retailers, restaurants, hotels and institutions in Oregon and Washington. A retail distribution list is not yet available.
- Food Recall Notification (Class III): The Wornick Company (Cincinnati, OH) recalls approximately 153,698 pounds of a "Chili no beans" product because the product was mislabeled with the incorrect nutrition facts information panel. The recalled product was distributed to correctional institutions nationwide.
- Food Recall (Reasons not given): Food City recalls ice cream and several ready-to-eat deli meat products. The supermarket chain gives no reason for the recalls.
Europe, Including the United Kingdom
- Food Recall (UK): Sainsbury's recalls two apple pie varieties that may be contaminated with small pieces of plastic.
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket's recall web site.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- Harvey's Supermarket
- The Kroger Company*
- Price Chopper
- Roundy's Supermarkets, Inc.
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.
*The Kroger umbrella encompasses numerous supermarket, marketplace and convenience store chains, listed on the Kroger corporate home page.
If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please submit your request using the link on our sidebar.