- Allergy Alert: Smith Dairy Products Company recalls SMITH’S Tea with Lemon in gallon size, lot no. 07/07/09, due to the presence of undeclared milk. The recalled product was distributed only in Ohio.
- Stolen Insulin Warning: FDA warns that at least some of the stolen 129,000 vials of the injectable insulin product, Levemir – made by Novo Nordisk – have resurfaced and are being sold to US consumers. FDA has received one report of a patient who suffered a dangerous reaction due to poor control of blood glucose as a result of using a vial of the stolen insulin.
- Food Safety Alert: The California Department of Public Health warns consumers not to eat canned Cioppino Sauce from Sea Harvest Fish Market & Restaurants, (Carmel, CA) because the product presents a botulism hazard. Sea Harvest does not have a cannery license, and did not process the Cioppino Sauce in accordance with the requirements for a low acid-canned food.
- Food Safety Alert: The Utah Department of Health provides sport fishermen with a list of state fish advisories.
- Food Safety Recall: Nestlé USA recalls all varieties of Nestlé Toll House refrigerated raw cookie dough products. Preliminary epidemiological evidence has linked consumption of raw Toll House cookie dough to a multistate outbreak of E. coli O157:H7.
- Allergy Alert: La Chocolaterie des Pères Trappistes Mistassini Inc. recalls some packages of Blueberry Flavour Cream chocolates, due to the presence of milk that is not declared on the packaging.
Europe, Including the United Kingdom
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket's recall web site.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- Harvey's Supermarket
- The Kroger Company*
- Price Chopper
- Roundy's Supermarkets, Inc.
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.
*The Kroger umbrella encompasses numerous supermarket, marketplace and convenience store chains, listed on the Kroger corporate home page.
If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please submit your request using the link on our sidebar.