If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please click here or submit your request using the sidebar link. Please include "subscribe eFoodAlert" in the subject line.
Check here for a complete list of recalled sandwiches, subs and wraps made with processed cheese slices supplied by Saputo Inc.
- Allergy Alert: Toffutti Brands Inc. recalls 25 pallets of Yours Truly Frozen Dessert Cones (4-pack; Manufacturing facility 18-497; Production codes 2330 or 2350; produced in August 2010), due to possible trace levels of undeclared milk. The recalled product is labeled as Milk-free. Most of the recalled product was sold along the east coast and in the Midwest; none was shipped to any west coast distributors or stores.
- Food Safety Recall: Tropical Nut & Fruit (Charlotte, NC) recalls all of its products containing walnuts supplied after November 16th by Atlas Walnuts, LLC because the walnuts may be contaminated with Salmonella. The recalled products were sold in retail stores nationwide and were distributed to manufacturers and distributors. In addition to products sold under the Tropical brand, two of the recalled items were supplied under the Harris Teeter brand and one item was labeled as Atlas. Please follow the live link to the recall notice for additional details.
- Food Safety Recall: Mitsuwa Corporation (Torrance, CA) recalls Butter Ball candy imported from Japan after tests conducted by the California Department of Public Health finds unacceptable levels of lead in the candy.
- Food Safety Alert: CFIA is warning the public not to consume unwrapped, unlabeled cantaloupes sold from Canada Safeway Limited, 655 Osborne Street, Winnipeg on December 5th, because the cantaloupes may be contaminated with Salmonella.
- Food Safety Recall: Québec's Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food (MAPAQ) warns the public not to consume cheese slices and certain products containing cheese slices sold at Le Marché végétarien (Drummondville), Les aliments Bégin Inc. (Saint-Ludger) and Boucherie Claude Giguère (Trois-Rivières), because the cheese slices were recalled by Saputo Inc. and may be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes.
- Food Safety Recall: MAPAQ warns the public not to consume cheese slices purchased at Les arpents verts (Chambly) and Boucherie J.F. (Saint-Hubert), because the cheese slices were recalled by Saputo Inc. and may be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes.
- Dietary Supplement Safety Recall: NorthRegentRx recalls ResurreXX, promoted as a dietary supplement, after test conducted by Health Canada detected the presence of undeclared hydroxyhomosildenafil, an analog of the prescription medicine, sildenafil.
- Allergy Alert (UK): Asda recalls Asda Strawberry Swirled Cheesecake, 125g (Use by 17 December 2010) de to the presence of undeclared egg.
- Food Safety Recall (Belgium): La société SACCO Bis recalls farm eggs due to the presence of dioxin/PCB, a carcinogen. The eggs were sold in stores belonging to MATCH and Carrefour.
- Food Safety Recall (Denmark): Gert Nielsen A/S recalls pork products supplied to caterers and food service establishments, because the raw pork was contaminated with Salmonella.
- Food Safety Recall (Denmark): Royal Greenland A/S recalls Royal Greenland Shrimp Boat (Packed 23/6-2010) due to an off-odor. The reason for the off-odor has not been determined.
- Allergy Alert Notification (EU #2010.1675): Undeclared sulphite in pomegranate molasses from Syria; distributed to the United Kingdom.
- Dietary Supplement Safety Notification (EU #2010.1676): Adverse reaction caused by herbal food supplement from Estonia, via Denmark; distributed to Norway.
- Animal Feed Safety Notification (EU #2010.1677): Cadmium in zinc sulphate from Italy; distributed to Belgium and France.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.1678): Aflatoxins in salted roasted pistachio nuts from Iran, via Slovakia; distributed to the Czech Republic.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.1679): Too high content of nitrate in spinach from Italy; distributed to Slovenia.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.1680): Listeria monocytogenes in ham sausage from the Czech Republic; distributed to the Czech Republic and Slovakia.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.1681): High content of aluminium in quick cooking rice noodles from Vietnam; distributed to the Czech Republic.
- Animal Feed Safety Notification (EU #2010.1682): Salmonella enterica in fishmeal from Denmark; distributed to Estonia.
- Consumer Product Safety Notification (EU #2010.1683): Migration of N-nitrosatable compounds from soothers from Italy; distributed to Greece.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.1684): Chlorpyriphos in grapes from Greece; distributed to Greece.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.1685): Salmonella in guichai leaf from Thailand; distributed to the Netherlands.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.1687): Salmonella Dublin in beef trimmings from Ireland; distributed to Sweden.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.1688): Caffeine in cola soft drink from Peru; distributed to Italy.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.1689): Pseudomonas aeruginosa in non carbonated spring water from Poland; distributed to Germany.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.1690): Salmonella in tea-sausage fine from Germany; distributed to Germany.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.1691): Cadmium in frozen squid from India; distributed to Italy.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.1692): Salmonella Mbandaka and Staphylococcus aureus in noodles with turkey eggs from Poland; distributed to Belgium, Germany and Ireland.
Asia, Africa and the Pacific Islands
- Pharmaceutical Product Safety Recall (Hong Kong): Deltapharm Limited recalls Anlina Vaginal Tablet (Batch No. 0T59001), imported from Thailand, because the tablets disintegrate more slowly than is acceptable.
- Health Product Safety Alert (Singapore): The Health Sciences Authority warns the public that JianBu HuQian Wan, imported from overseas, contains the undeclared medical active ingredients dexamethasone (a corticosteroid) and chlorpheniramine, and should not be consumed. The product is advertised as a treatment for joint pain, muscle aches and weak limbs and bears an invalid Malaysian Product Registration Number MAL05121196T. One adverse reaction is known to have occurred.
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket's recall web site.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Giant Food LLC
- Gros Cidac (Italy)
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- The Kroger Company*
- Lucky Supermarkets
- Price Chopper
- Roundy's Supermarkets, Inc.
- Stop & Shop
- Sweetbay Supermarkets
- Top Food & Drug
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- WinCo Foods
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.
*The Kroger umbrella encompasses numerous supermarket, marketplace and convenience store chains, listed on the Kroger corporate home page.