If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please click here or submit your request using the sidebar link. Please include "subscribe eFoodAlert" in the subject line.
- Food Safety Recall: Frontier Natural Products Co-op (Norway, IA) recalls two products manufactured with non-organic nutmeg, because the nutmeg, which was supplied by Mincing Overseas Spice Company may be contaminated with Salmonella. The recalled products are Frontier Bulk Nutmeg Ground (16 oz; UPC 0-89836-00165-8; lot code 0306) and Whole Foods 365 Nutmeg Ground (1.92 oz glass bottle; UPC 0-99482-41931-8; lot code 0321). The recalled products were supplied to distributors, retailers and consumers in all 50 US states and in some parts of Canada.
- Food Safety Recall: Frontier Natural Products Co-op (Norway, IA) recalls two products manufactured with non-organic nutmeg, because the nutmeg, which was supplied by Mincing Overseas Spice Company may be contaminated with Salmonella. The recalled products areFrontier Bulk Nutmeg Ground (16 oz; UPC 0-89836-00165-8; lot code 0306) and Whole Foods 365 Nutmeg Ground (1.92 oz glass bottle; UPC 0-99482-41931-8; lot code 0321). The recalled products were supplied to distributors, retailers and consumers in all 50 US states and in some parts of Canada.
- Food Safety Recall: Co-op Atlantic (Moncton, NB) recalls all sandwiches, subs, wraps & cheeseburgers containing processed cheese, sold in Co-op, ValuFoods and RiteStop stores in the Atlantic provinces and the Magdalen Islands (Quebec), because they contain processed cheese that has been recalled by Saputo and may be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes. This recall includes all best before dates up to and including December 1, 2010.
- Food Safety Recall: Lantic Inc. recalls Rogers Golden Yellow Sugar, 2kg bags (Lot B0327; Costco item #12144), because of possible metal contamination. The recalled product was sold in Costco Warehouse stores in Kamloops and Kelowna on November 26th and 27th.
- Consumer Product Safety Recall: Hydrotek (Mirabel, QC) recalls various water control chemical products because the products are corrosive and do not meet the warning labeling and child-resistant closure requirements under Canadian law for this type of chemical.
- Allergy Alert (Expanded): Pagen (Malmö, Sweden) expands its earlier recall of Pagen Good Shape and Pagen Cottages Good breads to include all expiration dates from 101027 to 101130 (Lot code 0300.xxxx to 0334.xxxx), due to the presence of undeclared peanuts. The recalled bread loaves were sold in Sweden, Finland, Denmark and Norway.
- Dietary Supplement Safety Recall (Denmark): SinoDane recalls a number of dietary supplements that contain unacceptable herbal ingredients that are known or suspected to have various adverse health effects. The recalled supplements were imported and marketed by SinoDane and were sold through alternative therapists throughout Denmark.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.1632): Mercury in fresh tuna from Spain; distributed to Italy.
- Animal Feed Safety Notification (EU #2010.1633): Salmonella Mbandaka in soy bean meal from Italy; distributed to Austria.
- Consumer Product Safety Notification (EU #2010.1634): Migration of lead from decorated plates from China; distributed to Poland.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.1635): Listeria monocytogenes in gorgonzola cheese from Italy; distributed to Italy and Sweden.
Asia, Africa and the Pacific Islands
- Cosmetics Products Alert (Saudi Arabia): The Saudi Food & Drug Authority has discovered an unlicensed factory, Markib Al Rafah Trading, which is involved in filling and packing 18 brands of cosmetic products, including hair oils, deodorants and incense. The Saudi FDA advises consumers to avoid the products listed on the agency web site (follow live link for the details).
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket's recall web site.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Giant Food LLC
- Gros Cidac (Italy)
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- The Kroger Company*
- Lucky Supermarkets
- Price Chopper
- Roundy's Supermarkets, Inc.
- Stop & Shop
- Sweetbay Supermarkets
- Top Food & Drug
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- WinCo Foods
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.
*The Kroger umbrella encompasses numerous supermarket, marketplace and convenience store chains, listed on the Kroger corporate home page.