If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please click here or submit your request using the sidebar link. Please include "subscribe eFoodAlert" in the subject line.
Check here for a complete list of recalled sandwiches, subs and wraps made with processed cheese slices supplied by Saputo Inc.
- Allergy Alert: Canada Safeway Limited recalls Quaker brand Chewy Granola Bars Value Pack (14 bars, 364g; all lot codes) due to the presence of undeclared peanuts. The bars were recalled on November 24th by Quaker Canada, but may have been distributed, subsequent to the original recall, throughout Canada Safeway retail stores in British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba and Ontario.
- Food Safety Recall: Marché Primeau & Fils inc recalls Hamburger Steak, IGA Primeau & Fils (variable weight; Best before 10 décembre 2010) because it contains Listeria monocytogenes.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.1701): High content of aluminium in vermicelli from China; distributed to the Czech Republic.
- Consumer Product Safety Notification (EU #2010.1702): Migration of lead from rim of glass from Poland; distributed to the Czech Republic, Poland and Slovakia.
- Consumer Product Safety Notification (EU #2010.1703): Migration of primary aromatic amines from nylon and stainless steel turners from China, via Hong Kong; distributed to Estonia.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.1704): Salmonella in hulled sesame seeds from India; distributed to Sweden.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.1705): Dioxins and dioxin-like polychlorobifenyls in La société SACCO Bis eggs from France; distributed to Belgium and France.
Asia, Africa and the Pacific Islands
Australia and New Zealand
- Allergy Alert (Australia): Coles Supermarket Ltd. recalls Coles Bakery Fresh Mars Cookies (6 pack, clear plastic container with black and beige label; Best before 25 October 2010 up to and including 22 December 2010), due to the presence of undeclared peanuts and tree nuts. The cookies were distributed nationally through Coles Supermarkets, Bi-Lo, Pick'N' (Qld) and Coles On-line.
- Food Safety Recall (Australia): Lei Phat Trading Pty Ltd. recalls Yellow Catfish Cleaned (Exp 15/09/2012) and Red Tilapia Gutted (Exp 17/09/2012) frozen whole fish imported from Vietnam, because antibiotics have been detected in the products. The recalled fish products were sold in Asian grocery stores and supermarkets in South Australia.
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket's recall web site.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Giant Food LLC
- Gros Cidac (Italy)
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- The Kroger Company*
- Lucky Supermarkets
- Price Chopper
- Roundy's Supermarkets, Inc.
- Stop & Shop
- Sweetbay Supermarkets
- Top Food & Drug
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- WinCo Foods
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.
*The Kroger umbrella encompasses numerous supermarket, marketplace and convenience store chains, listed on the Kroger corporate home page.