If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please click here or submit your request using the sidebar link. Please include "subscribe eFoodAlert" in the subject line.
- Food Safety Recall (December 16th): Danish Crown recalls Kamfilet (Package date 01.12.2010; Best before 08.12.2010), because Salmonella was detected in the product.
- Food Safety Recall (December 20th): Harndrup Frugtlager recalls Candy Peas, imported from Kenya, (150g pack; Lots 336, 337 & 338), after pesticides (dimethoate/omethoate) were found in the product.
- Food Safety Recall (December 20th): Inco Denmark amba recalls minced pork produced on 14-12-2010 and sold to caterers, because Salmonella was found in the product.
- Food Safety Recall (December 22nd): COOP DK/COOP Trading recalls Organic Pineapple (imported from Ecuador), because the product contains pesticide residues.
- Food Safety Recall (December 27th): One Pint A/S recalls Griffin Brewery's Golden Pride beer (imported from Great Britain; Production date 16/8-2010), because the contents may be contaminated with glass splinters.
- Food Safety Recall (December 23rd): Inex Partners Oy recalls X-tra Light mayonnaise, 450g (Best before 07/03/2011 and 07/04/2011) because the product may contain glass particles.
- Food Safety Recall (December 20th): CDC SAS recalls Reynaud, Latian, Casino Delices and Monoprix Gourmet brands of Tarama with egg and trout (100g; Lot #6463), because the product may contain Listeria monocytogenes.
- Food Safety Recall (December 23rd): Carrefour recalls Carrefour brand Mini-Terrines of Fois Gras (Expiry date 20/08/2011 to 28/08/2011, inclusive), because the product may contain Listeria. Please follow the live link for a complete list of stores where the recalled item was sold.
- Cosmetic Product Safety Recall (December 27th): France has initiated a recall of several imported hair-straightening products, because they contain formaldehyde in excess of permitted limits. The recalled brands include M&M INTERNATIONAL, USA/XTREMEON, and USA/GOLESHLEE/SPAZZOLA/COPOMON ENTERPRISES, USA.
- Food Safety Recall (December 24th): McCain Foods (GB) Ltd. recalls McCain Sweet Potato with Rosemary and Garlic, 400g bag (Product of South Africa; all batch codes), because some packs may contain pieces of grit embedded with the sweet potatoes.
- Food Safety Recall (December 17th): Co-op recalls Pork Loin Slices and Pork chops (Product of Germany; Expiry dates 2010-12-15, 2010-12-16, 2010-12-18, 2010-12-19 & 2010-12-20) because the product may be contaminated with Salmonella.
- Food Safety Recall (December 23rd): Fuller, Smith & Turner PLC recalls certain batches of Golden Pride Beer (Best before 16 September 2011), London Pride Beer (Best Before 16 September 2011, 1 October 2011, 2 October 2011, 3 October 2011, 1 November 2011) and Organic Honey Dew (Best before 24 May 2011, 30 June 2011), because the products may contain pieces of glass.
- Food Safety Recall (December 29th): Fuller, Smith & Turner PLC expands its earlier recall to include London Pride Beer (Best before 18 November 2011).
- Food Safety Recall (December 23rd): McCain Food recalls all batch codes of McCain Sweet Potato with Rosemary and Garlic, 400g because the product may contain small pieces of grit.
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket's recall web site.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Giant Food LLC
- Gros Cidac (Italy)
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- The Kroger Company*
- Lucky Supermarkets
- Price Chopper
- Roundy's Supermarkets, Inc.
- Stop & Shop
- Sweetbay Supermarkets
- Top Food & Drug
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- WinCo Foods
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.
*The Kroger umbrella encompasses numerous supermarket, marketplace and convenience store chains, listed on the Kroger corporate home page.