If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please click here or submit your request using the sidebar link. Please include "subscribe eFoodAlert" in the subject line.
Check here for a complete list of recalled sandwiches, subs and wraps made with processed cheese slices supplied by Saputo Inc.
- Allergy Alert: Brinkman Turkey Farms Inc. (Findlay, OH) recalls Brinkman's Gourmet Barbecue Sauce (22-oz. glass jars, 40-oz. glass jars and 160-oz. plastic jugs), because the product contains undeclared milk and soy. The recalled products were distributed to retail stores and distribution centers in Ohio and direct to consumers in Ohio, Wisconsin, Michigan, Illinois and Iowa.
- FDA Warning Letter: FDA warns New Wha Ming Trading of MN, Inc. (New Hope, MN) that a July 2010 inspection of the company's food warehouse revealed serious violations of the Current Good Manufacturing Practice in Manufacturing, Packing or Holding Human Food (CGMP) regulation, rendering the food products adulterated under the meaning of the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act.
- FDA Warning Letter: FDA warns Fujino Enterprises, Inc. (Montara, CA) that a July/August 2010 inspection of the company's seafood processing facility revealed serious violations of the seafood Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) regulation and the Current Good Manufacturing Practice regulation for foods.
- FDA Warning Letter: FDA warns Tws Marketing Group Inc. (Longwood, FL) that a review of the label for the company's HomeMaker Premium 100% Pure Florida Squeezed Orange Juice, 64 oz. determined that the product is misbranded. The label statement "Made With Not From Concentrate Juice" is misleading because, according to the list of ingredients declared on the label, the product contains orange juice concentrate as well as juice that is expressed directly from oranges.
- FDA Warning Letter: FDA warns Soma Labs, Inc. (Middlesex, NJ) that a June/July 2010 inspection of the company's dietary supplement manufacturing facility revealed serious violations of the Current Good Manufacturing Practice regulations for Dietary Supplements, causing certain dietary supplement products to be adulterated.
- Food Recall: Price Chopper recalls Price Chopper Fat Free Cream Cheese (8 oz brick), because the product is of inadequate quality.
- Food Recall: Adirondack Beverages recalls Waist Watchers Diet Root Beer (12 pack/144 oz.) because there is no deposit listed on the cans. Consumers should return the product to Price Chopper for a full refund.
- Health Supplement Safety Recall (Denmark): Wendy & Co. recalls all batches of Jin Gui Shen Qi Wan (manufactured in the UK), because the product contains the unacceptable herbal substance/plant Alisma Plantago-aquatica, which may have adverse health effects. The product was sold to two alternative practitioners in Copenhagen and directly to consumers.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.1693): Unauthorised use of colour E 123 - amaranth in spice mixture from the Czech Republic; distributed to Slovakia.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.1694): Salmonella Madelia in poultry kebab from Austria, with raw material from Belgium; distributed to Austria and Slovakia.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.1695): Unauthorised novel food (Salvia hispanica) cold pressed chia seed oil from Mexico, via Serbia and via the United Kingdom; distributed to Finland.
- Animal Feed Safety Notification (EU #2010.1696): Salmonella typhimurium in soya pellets from Brazil, via Germany; distributed to Sweden.
- Consumer Product Safety Notification (EU #2010.1697): Migration of primary aromatic amines from kitchen utensils from China, via the Netherlands; distributed to Germany.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.1698): Metal piece (iron wire) in whole grain sliced bread from Germany; distributed to Italy.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.1699): Listeria monocytogenes in frozen semi-cooked shelled mussels from Spain; distributed to Portugal.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.1700): High content of aluminium in quick cooking noodles from China; distributed to the Czech Republic.
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket's recall web site.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Giant Food LLC
- Gros Cidac (Italy)
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- The Kroger Company*
- Lucky Supermarkets
- Price Chopper
- Roundy's Supermarkets, Inc.
- Stop & Shop
- Sweetbay Supermarkets
- Top Food & Drug
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- WinCo Foods
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.
*The Kroger umbrella encompasses numerous supermarket, marketplace and convenience store chains, listed on the Kroger corporate home page.