If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please click here or submit your request using the sidebar link. Please include "subscribe eFoodAlert" in the subject line.
Check here for a complete list of recalled sandwiches, subs and wraps made with processed cheese slices supplied by Saputo Inc.
- Allergy Alert: Pampanga Food Company, Inc. (Anaheim, CA) recalls approximately 14,430 pounds of PAMPANGA Sauteed Chicken (30-pound cases containing 3-pound bags; Est. No. P-9029-A; packaged between May 6th and Dec 6th, 2010; Lot No. 0506 to 1203), due to the presence of undeclared whey. The recalled products were shipped to distribution centers for further sale to restaurants in California and Hawaii.
- OTC Pharmaceutical Product Safety Recall: Reese Pharmaceutical Company (Cleveland, OH) recalls Lot #091612 (60-count bottles of guaifenesin 200mg tablets) of Refenesen Expectorant Select Brand Mucus Relief Expectorant, QC Medifin Expectorant, and Leader Cough Tabs Expectorant, because of undeclared active ingredients acetaminophen, phenylephrine and chlorpheniramine maleate.
- Dietary Supplement Safety Alert: FDA warns consumers not to use Man Up Now capsules, marketed as an "herbal" and "all natural" dietary supplement for sexual enhancement, because the capsules contain a variation of an active ingredient found in Viagra (sulfoaildenafil) that can dangerously lower blood pressure. Man Up Now is distributed by Synergy Distribution LLC and is sold on Internet sites, online marketplaces and, possibly in retail outlets.
- Consumer Product Safety Recall (Update): The Consumer Product Safety Commission has reversed its earlier ruling and now considers Wizard of Oz and superhero drinking glasses to be adult products. These glasses, which were found to have elevated lead levels in the decorative paint on their outside surfaces, were recalled because the level of lead exceeded the limits for children's products.
- Allergy Alert: Unger's Market (London, ON) recalls Cherry Cake (small and large), Dundee Cake (small and large), Glasgow Gingerbread (small and large) and Sultana Cake (small and large) due to the presence of undeclared milk and (except for the Sultana Cake) undeclared sulphites. The products were sold at Unger's Market, Gainsborough Road, London, ON.
- Food Safety Recall: MAPAQ advises that several subs and sandwiches sold under the Les Cuisines Polo Bic brand (Best before 30 décembre 2010), and subs and sandwiches Best before 30 décembre 2010) sold at Dépanneur Godefroy (Saint-Grégoire, QC) have been recalled because they were made using processed cheeses recalled by Saputo Inc on December 2nd.
- OTC Pharmaceutical Product Safety Recall: McNeil Consumer Healthcare (Canada) recalls all lots numbers and flavors of ROLAIDS® Ultra Strength SoftChews® and ROLAIDS® Ultra Strength SoftChews® plus Gas Relief, following consumer reports of foreign materials in the product, including metal and wood products.
- Dietary Supplement Safety Recall: Natural Performance Products Ltd. recalls specific lot numbers of the male sexual enhancement products Durazest for Men and Once More, because the products contain the undeclared pharmaceutical ingredient nortadalafil.
- Health Product Safety Recall: Les Produits Naturels Leblanc Inc. recalls Flat Stomach Concept Extra, due to missing label statements related to the duration of use, risks and contraindications.
- Cosmetic Product Safety Alert: Health Canada warns that ten professional hair smoothing solutions (in addition to Brazilian Blowout Solution) contain levels of formaldehyde above the limit set by Health Canada. The affected products are available in hair salons across Canada, but not generally sold directly to consumers. Please refer to the Health Canada Advisory for details.
- Food Safety Recall (Finland): Lidl Suomi Ky recalls Peking Ente young German frozen duck, 2.4 kg (Best before 31.03.2012; Lot code L10.256G), because the product, which was imported from Germany, may be contaminated with Salmonella.
- Food Safety Recall (Denmark): JAN Import A/S recalls XXL Organic Cane Sugar, 2kg (Best before 29/11-2011; Lot #8784-18), sold in Bilka stores across Denmark, because there have been a small number of small, translucent, whitish plastic-like balls (1mm diam) found in the product.
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket's recall web site.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Giant Food LLC
- Gros Cidac (Italy)
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- The Kroger Company*
- Lucky Supermarkets
- Price Chopper
- Roundy's Supermarkets, Inc.
- Stop & Shop
- Sweetbay Supermarkets
- Top Food & Drug
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- WinCo Foods
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.
*The Kroger umbrella encompasses numerous supermarket, marketplace and convenience store chains, listed on the Kroger corporate home page.