If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please click here or submit your request using the sidebar link. Please include "subscribe eFoodAlert" in the subject line.
Check here for a complete list of recalled sandwiches, subs and wraps made with processed cheese slices supplied by Saputo Inc.
- OTC Pharmaceutical Product Safety Recall: McNeil Consumer Healthcare (Fort Washington, PA) recalls all lots and packaging formats of ROLAIDS® Extra Strength Softchews, ROLAIDS® Extra Strength plus Gas Softchews, and ROLAIDS® Multi-Symptom plus Anti-Gas Softchews, distributed in the United States, after receiving consumer complaints of foreign materials - including metal and wood particles - in the products. The implicated products were manufactured for McNeil by a third party. While McNeil's investigation is ongoing, the company has suspended production of the recalled products, and will not restart production until corrective actions have been implemented.
- Food Safety Recall: Fruitology, Inc. recalls Pomegranate Fruit A Vie with Resveratrol (24 oz. Glass Bottles, LOT# 11280298), because the bottles may have invisible hairline cracks that may cause a bottle to break spontaneously or upon handling. The product was sold in BJ's Wholesale Club stores from November 1, 2010 through November 19, 2010.
- Food Safety Recall: Barrie Bros. Local Food Company 1892 (Cambridge, ON) expands its earlier recall to include the following additional vegetable soup products: Fresh Asparagus Soup, Fresh Cauliflower Soup, Butternut Squash Soup, Sweet Potato & Red Pepper Soup, Potato & Leek Soup, Jeff Suddaby's Gourmet Curried Pumpkin & Sweet Potato Soup, and Jeff Suddaby's Gourmet Vegetable Barley Soup. The recall was initiated because the products, which are packed in 744mL Mason jars with metal lids and have neither lot codes nor Best before dates, may be contaminated with Clostridium botulinum. The recalled soups were distributed in Ontario.
- Food Safety Recall (Belgium): La société SACCO Bis recalls table eggs (code 1 FR XEY 01) after lab analysis undertaken by Services Officiels Français detected double the acceptable levels of dioxins and PCB in the eggs. The recalled eggs were sold in Carrefour stores in Belgium.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.1664): Suspicion of calicivirus in raspberries from Bosnia and Herzegovina; distributed to Sweden.
- Allergy Alert Notification (EU #2010.1665): Undeclared celery in salad dressing from Germany; distributed to Germany.
- Pet Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.1666): Salmonella and high count of Enterobacteriaceae in dog chews from Brazil; distributed to the United Kingdom.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.1667): Methyl bromide in organic plantain extract from Albania; distributed to France.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.1668): Omethoate in yard beans from Thailand; distributed to the Netherlands.
- Consumer Product Safety Notification (EU #2010.1669): Migration of primary aromatic amines from nylon scoops from China; distributed to Estonia.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.1670): Glass fragments in bottled beer from Portugal; distributed to Germany.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.1671): Unauthorised use of colour E 124 - Ponceau 4R / cochineal red A in rose petal shaped pasta from Greece; distributed to Germany and Greece.
- Consumer Product Safety Notification (EU #2010.1672): Migration of formaldehyde from decorated melamine bowls from China; distributed to Estonia.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.1673): Histamine in canned skipjack tuna chunk from Thailand; distributed to Ireland.
- Allergy Alert Notification (EU #2010.1674): Incorrect labelling on pastry tartlets from the United Kingdom; distributed to Gibraltar and the United Kingdom.
Australia and New Zealand
- Consumer Product Safety Recall (Australia): P & N Beverages Pty Ltd recalls Toddler Pops fruit drinks, because the flip-top lid represents a choking hazard. The products were distributed nationally through Woolworths, Coles, Metcash and Franklins stores.
- Food Safety Recall (Australia): J.L. King & Co recalls Tuna Pasta Salad (available for sale in delicatessens between December 3rd and December 7th), because the salads may be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes. The products were available in IGA Howling (NSW/VIC border), Terang Co-op Terang (VIC), and Fishers supermarkets in Robinvale and Merbein (both in VIC).
- Food Safety Recall (Australia): J Boag & Son Pty Ltd recalls several James Boag's beers (375 ml green or brown glass bottles; all best before dates from 23/06/11 to 12/08/11), because a packaging fault may result in a piece of glass breaking away from the rim of the bottle upon opening. The recalled beers were distributed nationally in Australia and were bound for export to the UK, the USA and Singapore; however, the products bound for export have been held in transit.
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket's recall web site.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Giant Food LLC
- Gros Cidac (Italy)
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- The Kroger Company*
- Lucky Supermarkets
- Price Chopper
- Roundy's Supermarkets, Inc.
- Stop & Shop
- Sweetbay Supermarkets
- Top Food & Drug
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- WinCo Foods
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.
*The Kroger umbrella encompasses numerous supermarket, marketplace and convenience store chains, listed on the Kroger corporate home page.