- Food Safety Recall: Crocetti's Oakdale Packing Co. (d.b.a. South Shore Meats, Inc., Brockton, MA) recalls approximately 1,039 pounds of fresh ground beef patties derived from bench trim as well as mechanically tenderized beef cuts that may be contaminated with E. coli O157:H7. The recalled meat has been implicated in an outbreak of gastroenteritis that occurred among a group of Rhode Island school children who attended a camp in Massachusetts earlier this month.
- Food Safety Recall: San Link, Inc. (Staten Island, NY) recalls vacuum pack dried Lesh (fish) and vacuum pack dried Krasnoperka (fish), imported from Russia, that were improperly eviscerated before processing. Uneviscerated fish have been associated in the past with Clostridium botulinum food poisoning and are not permitted to be sold in New York State. The recalled fish were distributed in New York, New Jersey and Connecticut.
- Food Safety Recall: Les Pâtes Cortina Inc. recalls Delizia brand minestrone soup because of mislabelling and hazardous display. The soup, which is packed in hermetically sealed glass jars, was not stored or displayed at the correct refrigeration temperature, and the label lacks the caution Garder réfrigéré. The recall affects all 500g jars bearing expiration dates up to and including 30 novembre 2009 (Nov. 30, 2009)
- Allergy Alert (Belgium): Bella Sicilia sprl recalls several spreads due to the presence of undeclared peanuts.
- Allergy Alert (EU #2009.1455): Traces of egg (8 mg/kg - ppm) in green lasagne from Italy; distributed to Cyprus
- Food Safety Recall (EU #2009.1456): Listeria monocytogenes in salmon fillets from Denmark; distributed to Italy
- Food Safety Recall (EU #2009.1452): Listeria monocytogenes in smoked salmon from Poland; distributed to Italy
- Food Safety Recall (EU #2009.1451): Listeria monocytogenes in smoked salmon from Poland, with raw material from Norway; distributed to Italy
- Food Safety Recall (EU #2009.1448): Plastic fragments (hard pieces found in 4 jars) in raspberry, mixed and pancake jams from Sweden; distributed to Finland
- Food Safety Recall (EU #2009.1443): Glass fragments in deep frozen pizza bolognese from Germany; distributed to Denmark, Faroe Islands and Greenland
- Food Supplement Recall (EU #2009.1454): Too high content of vitamin D (between 1220 and 1432 per tab) in food supplement from the Netherlands; distributed to Netherlands and Suriname
- Pet Food Recall (EU #2009.1445): Salmonella and too high count of Enterobacteriaceae in dried spare ribs from New Zealand; distributed to the United Kingdom
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket's recall web site.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Giant Food LLC
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- Harvey's Supermarket
- The Kroger Company*
- Price Chopper
- Roundy's Supermarkets, Inc.
- Stop & Shop
- Sweetbay Supermarkets
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.
*The Kroger umbrella encompasses numerous supermarket, marketplace and convenience store chains, listed on the Kroger corporate home page.
If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please submit your request using the link on our sidebar.