- Poultry Feed Recall: Land O’Lakes Purina Feed LLC is recalling a single lot of Country Acres® Home Grown Turkey & Quail Starter 30% BMD 200 feed due to a lower than formulated protein level. The problem was discovered following a consumer complaint.
- Food Safety Recall: San Diego Meat Company (San Diego, CA) recalls approximately 925 pounds of ground beef products that may be contaminated with E. coli O157:H7. The recalled meat was produced October 7, 2009 through October 9, 2009 and October 12, 2009 and was distributed to restaurants and two caterers in the San Diego County area.
- Allergy Alert: Asda withdraws its 2-Pack Cream Slice (Use By date: 14 October 2009) due to incorrect allergen labelling information.
- Food Safety Recall (EU #2009.1343): Staphylococcal enterotoxin found in raw milk cheeses from Italy; distributed in Austria, Germany, Italy and The Netherlands
- Food Safety Recall (EU #2009.1345): histamine in canned sardine fillets in sunflower oil (Sardinella aurita) from Tunisia; distributed in Italy
Australia & New Zealand
- Food Safety Alert (New Zealand): Police warn that a load of butter manufactured by Canary Enterprises and stolen from a Hawkes Bay industrial park is contaminated with Listeria and should not be consumed. The contaminated butter was in storage pending rendering.
- Cosmetic Product Recall (Australia): Australian Bush Flower Essences recalls Calm & Clear Essence Cream (Batch #19557) and Travel Essence Cream (Batch #20864) because they may be contaminated with Pseudomonas aeruginosa, a bacterium that can cause eye or skin infections.
Asia, Africa & The Pacific
- Weight Reduction Product Recall (Hong Kong): The Department of Health warns consumers not to purchase or use Show Party 瘦身派, a slimming product that was found to contain the drugs phenolphthalein and sibutramine. A 17-year-old girl developed symptoms of acute psychosis after using the product.
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket's recall web site.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Giant Food LLC
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- Harvey's Supermarket
- The Kroger Company*
- Price Chopper
- Roundy's Supermarkets, Inc.
- Stop & Shop
- Sweetbay Supermarkets
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.
*The Kroger umbrella encompasses numerous supermarket, marketplace and convenience store chains, listed on the Kroger corporate home page.
If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please submit your request using the link on our sidebar.