- Food Safety Recall: J.F. O'Neill Packing Company (Omaha, NE) recalls approximately 33,000 pounds of beef tongues that may not have had the tonsils completely removed. Tonsils may carry prions that transmit mad cow disease.
- Food Safety Recall: Boucherie Chez Manon (1396 boul. Saguenay est, Saguenay, QC) recalls several low-acid prepared foods packaged in hermetically sealed containers because the product labels do not indicate "Garder réfrigéré" and the products were not displayed or stored at refrigeration temperature.
- Allergy Alert (EU #2009.1357): Undeclared egg albumin in Alaska pollock fillets from Germany; distributed in Denmark, Finland, Germany, Spain and Sweden
- Food Safety Recall (EU #2009.1350): Histamine in frozen tuna loins from India; distributed in Ireland
- Food Safety Recall (EU #2009.1361): Norovirus (isolated from affected persons) in frozen raspberries from Serbia; distributed in Sweden
- Food Safety Recall (EU#2009.1362): Organic sun dried tomatos from Italy infested with moulds; distributed in Denmark
Australia & New Zealand
- Allergy Alert (New Zealand): Sealord Group Limited recalls a selected batch of the 200gm Sealord Deli Menu Italian Pasta & Tuna product due to a labeling error. The recalled item contains undeclared peanuts.
- Pharmaceutical Product Recall (Australia): Biotech Pharmaceuticals Pty Ltd recalls GOLD CROSS Codeine Linctus APF. The 100mL bottles, containing 25mg codeine phosphate per 5mL, are not equipped with child-resistant closures. The recalled bottles carry the following identification: Batches 2533, 16074, 16073, 25568, 16076; AUST R 27219; Barcode/EAN 9314949260137; ARTG number 27219.
Asia, Africa & The Pacific
- Slimming Product Alert (Taiwan): The Taiwan Department of Health warns consumers that Lang No.1 and Jinqiangbudao have been found by Japan to contain Sildenafil, a drug that can cause serious side effects. These products are not approved for sale in Taiwan and should not be used.
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket's recall web site.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Giant Food LLC
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- Harvey's Supermarket
- The Kroger Company*
- Price Chopper
- Roundy's Supermarkets, Inc.
- Stop & Shop
- Sweetbay Supermarkets
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.
*The Kroger umbrella encompasses numerous supermarket, marketplace and convenience store chains, listed on the Kroger corporate home page.
If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please submit your request using the link on our sidebar.