- Allergy Alert: The Kroger Co. recalls Kroger Hazelnut Spread, 13 oz., because the product may contain peanuts that are not declared on the label.
- Food Safety Recall (Retail Distribution): USDA releases retail distribution list for Vatran's Fine Foods meat and poultry products that were produced without federal inspection.
- Food Safety Recall: Plum Organics recalls all Apple & Carrot Baby Food in Portable Pouches with the best by date of May 21, 2010 and marked with the following number “890180001221” located at the bottom of the package. According to the Company's announcement, the recalled batch "...did not meet the FDA guidelines for proper acidity level..." raising the possibility that Clostridium botulinum could grow and produce toxin in the food pouches. The recalled products were sold in Toys-R-Us and Babies-R-Us stores across the United States. No illnesses have been reported.
- Food Safety Recall (EU #2009.1372): Mercury in tuna in oilseed from Spain; distributed in Italy
- Food Safety Recall (EU #2009.1371): Norovirus (genogroup 1) in frozen raspberries from Poland; distributed in Finland. The Finnish Food Safety Authority notified consumers and food handlers on October 8th that Norovirus outbreaks had been linked to consumption of raw, frozen raspberries, and recommended that foreign-origin frozen raspberries not be consumed raw.
Australia & New Zealand
- Allergy Alert (Australia): Hung’s Trading Company Pty Ltd recalls Sesame Sauce (450g. glass jar; all Best Before dates up to and including 30/08/2011) due to the presence of undeclared traces of peanuts. The recalled products, which were imported from China, were sold through Asian retail outlets in New South Wales, West Australia, South Australia and Queensland.
- Allergy Alert (Australia): Win Kwong Pty Ltd. recalls Punchun Sesame Sauce (290g. glass jar; all Best Before dates up to and including 20-06-2011) due to the presence of undeclared traces of peanuts. The recalled products, which were imported from Hong Kong, were sold through Asian retail outlets in New South Wales
Asia, Africa & The Pacific
- Food Adulteration Alert (India): Ludhiana Health Department seizes stocked food items from Easyday departmental store at GM Shopping Mall, because the items were being sold beyond the expiration dates indicated on the product labels.
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket's recall web site.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Giant Food LLC
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- Harvey's Supermarket
- The Kroger Company*
- Price Chopper
- Roundy's Supermarkets, Inc.
- Stop & Shop
- Sweetbay Supermarkets
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.
*The Kroger umbrella encompasses numerous supermarket, marketplace and convenience store chains, listed on the Kroger corporate home page.
If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please submit your request using the link on our sidebar.