- Food Safety Recall: Culebra Meat Market recalls beef stew meat, carne asada and ground beef produced by the company from Oct. 2 through Oct. 17. The recalled meat, which may be contaminated with E. coli O157:H6, was sold to some San Antonio-area restaurants and in the company's retail store (2800 Culebra Road) in San Antonio.
- Food Safety Recall: Lone Star Brisket Company (Thorndale, TX) recalls approximately 14 pounds of smoked beef products that may be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes. The recalled meat was supplied to Tinker Air Force Base in Oklahoma.
- Food Safety Recall: Classic Smokehouse (2003) Inc. recalls Classic Canadian Wild Sockeye Lox Trim that may be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes. The recalled Lox Trim was distributed only in British Columbia
- Allergy Alert (Italy, France): Nutkao srl of Italy warns consumers that certain lots of Hazelnut Spread Cream contain traces of peanut and should not be consumed by anyone who is allergic to peanuts. The company has received two reports of allergic reactions from France. This same product was the subject of a recent recall in the United States under the Kroger brand name.
- Animal Feed Recall (EU #2009.1404): Salmonella in soybean meal from Argentina; distributed in Poland
- Food Safety Recall (EU #2009.1403): Listeria monocytogenes in smoked salmon from Poland; distributed in Italy
- Food Safety Recall (EU #2009.1399): Salmonella in fresh iceberg lettuce from Israel; distributed in the United Kingdom
- Food Safety Recall (EU #2009.1396): Possible presence of Paralytic Shellfish Poisoning (PSP) toxins in live mussels from Spain; distributed in Spain and France
Asia, Africa & The Pacific
- General Safety Alert (Philippines): The Bureau of Food and Drugs warns consumers to avoid buying, using or eating any products or medications that might have come into contact with flood waters.
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket's recall web site.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Giant Food LLC
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- Harvey's Supermarket
- The Kroger Company*
- Price Chopper
- Roundy's Supermarkets, Inc.
- Stop & Shop
- Sweetbay Supermarkets
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.
*The Kroger umbrella encompasses numerous supermarket, marketplace and convenience store chains, listed on the Kroger corporate home page.
If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please submit your request using the link on our sidebar.