- Allergy Alert: Morningstar Foods recalls certain date codes of 32-ounce Great Value Half & Half, 32-ounce Great Value 36% Heavy Whipping Cream, 32-ounce Kroger brand 36% Heavy Whipping Cream, and 64-ounce Wholesome Farms Chocolate Ice Cream Mix, because these products may contain soy protein.
- Allergy Alert: Bay Valley Foods, LLC recalls Meijer Cream of Mushroom Soup - reduced sodium and Meijer Chicken Noodle Soup – reduced sodium, because a labelling error may have resulted in the presence of undeclared allergens.
- Food Safety Recall: Fairbank Farms (Ashville, NY) recalls approximately 545,699 pounds of fresh ground beef products that may be contaminated with E. coli O157:H7. The recalled meat is associated with reported illnesses in Connecticut, Massachusetts and Maine.
- Allergy Alert (France): Nutkao recalls hazelnut spread due to the presence of undeclared peanuts. The recalled spread was sold under the following brand names: Monoprix, Netto, New Cream, Noika, Nulacta Cacao, Nustikao, Nutkao (Snack Tris, Monodose), Pralina, Pralina Cacao, Tom et Pilou (Casino), Top Budget, Valade, Belle France, Capitaine Snack, Carrefour, Casino, Champion, Choco Nussa, Frigoonde, Grand Jury, Gyma, Ivoria Noikao, La Vouisienne et Majorcream (Metro)
- Allergy Alert (Republic of Ireland): Nutrition Point recalls Trufree Choc Dippers due to the presence of undeclared peanuts.
- Food Safety Recall (EU #2009.1484): Listeria monocytogenes in chilled cooked shrimps from Spain; distributed to France
- Food Safety Recall (EU #2009.1482): Glass fragments in bottled sparkling mountain water from Italy; distributed to Cyprus
- Food Safety Recall (EU #2009.1478): Salmonella Reading (in 7 out of 12 samples) in frozen marinated chicken breasts from Poland, dispatched from France; distributed to Denmark
- Feed Recall (EU #2009.1473): Salmonella (presence /25g) in soybean meal from Argentina; distributed to Poland
- Feed Recall (EU #2009.1475): Salmonella Agona in rapeseed extraction meal in bulk from Poland; distributed to Finland
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket's recall web site.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Giant Food LLC
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- Harvey's Supermarket
- The Kroger Company*
- Price Chopper
- Roundy's Supermarkets, Inc.
- Stop & Shop
- Sweetbay Supermarkets
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.
*The Kroger umbrella encompasses numerous supermarket, marketplace and convenience store chains, listed on the Kroger corporate home page.
If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please submit your request using the link on our sidebar.