- Food Safety Recall: Los Corrales (Houston, TX) recalls all of its dried chorizo produced since January due to microbial health risks resulting from inadequate documentation of the cooking process. The recalled chorizo was distributed to stores in Dallas, Houston, and parts of East Texas.
- Food Safety Recall: L&M Companies Inc. has recalled some cantaloupes sold at Wal-Mart Stores in North Carolina, South Carolina and South Hill, VA after Salmonella was detected in a melon from the farm where they were grown.
- Allergy Alert: Rocky Mountain Grain Products recalls "More Than a Square Meal" bar with Raisins (200 g pkg) bearing UPC 8 31537 00012 2, due to the presence of undeclared sulfites.
- Food Safety Recall: La Fromagerie Couland recalls all cheeses sold up to and including May 15, 2009, due to microbial hazards resulting from inadequate pasteurization controls.
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket's recall web site.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- Harvey's Supermarket
- The Kroger Company*
- Price Chopper
- Roundy's Supermarkets, Inc.
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.
*The Kroger umbrella encompasses numerous supermarket, marketplace and convenience store chains, listed on the Kroger corporate home page.
If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please submit your request using the link on our sidebar.