Pistachio Product Recalls
- Klein's Naturals recalls various pistachio products
- Torn & Glasser recalls pistachio products
- Québec Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food advises consumers in the province of the recall of the following pistachios: "pistaches salées, Fruiterie au Melon Miel", "Code 126", "pistaches salées, Marché BK, 690 Jean-Talon Ouest", and unbranded pistachios sold at Marché Iberville (Metro) 305 rue Iberville, Repentigny
Peanut Butter Outbreak Recalls
- Premier Nutrition recalls of selected ODYSSEY Branded bars containing peanuts
- Dietary Supplement Recall: FDA warns consumers to stop using Hydroxycut Products after the dietary supplements are linked to one death. Users of Hydroxycut products are at risk of liver damage. Iovate recalls 14 Hydroxycut products.
- Food Safety Alert: Caudill Seed Company, the US distributor of Italian alfalfa seeds implicated epidemiologically in an outbreak of Salmonella Saintpaul illnesses in the United States, has withdrawn all alfalfa seeds identified with six digit lot numbers that start with “032".
- Food Safety Alert: The California Department of Public Health warns consumers to avoid Hola Pop La Original Lollipop Candy, imported from Mexico, due to the presence of excessive lead levels
- Food Safety Recall: Kleen-Pak Foods recalls 10-ounce and 1-pound packages of fresh spinach due to possible Salmonella contamination. The spinach was distributed in Wisconsin, Minnesota and the Chicago area.
- Food Safety Recall: Pasta & Co recalls Chinese Vermicelli Salad and Pot Sticker Salad due to possible contamination with Salmonella. The recalled items were made using chili oil recalled by Union International Food Co.
- Food Safety Recall: TV Food LLC recalls "Curry Spice" because of possible Salmonella contamination
- Allergy Alert (Québec): Metro Leblanc Marieville recalls three paté products due to the presence of undeclared egg, wheat, soy or sulfites
- Allergy Alert (Québec): Boucherie Jacques-St-Pierre (103, 23e rue, St-Rédempteur) recalls three prepared entrées due to the presence of undeclared gluten
- Food Safety Recall: Piller's recalls Piller's brand "Taste Better Than Bacon" - Maple Flavoured Smoked Ham - "Taste Better Than Bacon" - Hickory Smoked Turkey Bacon and Lean 'N' Tasty Maple Flavoured Smoked Ham Style Bacon because these products may be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes. The recalled products were distributed in Alberta, Ontario, Quebec, New Brunswick, and Newfoundland.
- Food Safety Recall (Québec): ADAR brand smoked salmon spread (Tartinade Saumon Fumé) recalled due to mislabelling. The product label carries the instruction "keep refrigerated" when it should read "keep frozen".
Europe, Including the United Kingdom
- Food Safety Recall (UK): ASDA, Co-Op, Tesco and Waitrose have recalled some own-brand sesame seed products because of the presence of Salmonella.
Australia and New Zealand
- Food Safety Recall (Australia): Mary’s Pasta Products recalls a number of the products due to potential foreign matter contamination. The recalled items were distributed in North Queensland only.
- Food Safety Recall (Australia): Mountain Creek Meats recalls various sizes and weights of Silverside and Boneless Ham due to test results that indicate the presence of Listeria monocytogenes. The recalled products were sold only in the Mountain Creek Meats store in Mountain Creek, QLD.
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket's recall web site.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- Harvey's Supermarket
- The Kroger Company*
- Price Chopper
- Roundy's Supermarkets, Inc.
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.
*The Kroger umbrella encompasses numerous supermarket, marketplace and convenience store chains, listed on the Kroger corporate home page.
If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please submit your request using the link on our sidebar.