- Food Safety Recall: Kellogg Company recalls three batch codes of MorningStar Farms Mini Corn Dogs (Veggie, 10 oz) on the advice of FDA, after a routine audit determines that they may have been packaged under conditions that did not comply with Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Food Recall: ShopRite of EveshamRoad (Cherry Hill, NJ) recalls all store-made ground meat produced and sold on Monday, May 18, 2009 due to possible contamination with pieces of plastic film wrap.
Europe, Including the United Kingdom
- Allergy Alert (UK): Tiger Retail Ltd recalls some Rotstern Crispy Rounds confectionery, due to the presence of undeclared peanut protein. The recalled items were manufactured in Germany.
Asia, Africa and the Pacific
- Pharmaceutical Safety Recall (Hong Kong and Macau): Prowin Laboratories Ltd recalls two batches of gels for mouth ulcer, due to contamination with unacceptable levels of bacteria and molds. No pathogens were detected in the products. The prescription and over-the-counter pain-relief and anti-inflammatory gels were manufactured for Prowin by Marching Pharmaceutical Ltd., a Hong Kong-based contract manufacturer.
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket's recall web site.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- Harvey's Supermarket
- The Kroger Company*
- Price Chopper
- Roundy's Supermarkets, Inc.
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.
*The Kroger umbrella encompasses numerous supermarket, marketplace and convenience store chains, listed on the Kroger corporate home page.
If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please submit your request using the link on our sidebar.