- Unapproved Ingredient Alert: Buffalo SAV, Inc. (Buffalo, NY) recalls approximately 208,768 pounds of frozen meat and poultry products because they contain an unapproved ingredient, Amaranth Red #2.
- Food Safety Recall: North Coast Seafood recalls Fresh Tuna Steaks that were sold at Shaw's, Star Market and Big Y Stores in New England, due to the presence of histamines. Three consumers have reported experiencing allergy-like reactions after consuming the tuna.
- Food Safety Recall: Stop & Shop recalls certain store-made ground beef that may be contaminated with E. coli O157:H7.
- Food Safety Recall: The Kroger Co. recalls Kroger Popcorn Seasoning Movie Theater Butter Flavored, Kroger Popcorn Seasoning White Cheddar Flavored, and Kroger Fat Free Butter Flavored Sprinkles, after learning that an ingredient may be contaminated with Salmonella.
- Food Safety Recall: Food City recalls Food Club Instant Milk. No reason is given.
- Food Safety Recall: Traditions (Pearl, MS) recalls an undetermined amount of various boxed pre-packaged meal kits. The boxes contain separate portions of instant nonfat dried milk, which was previously recalled by Plainview Milk Products Cooperative.
- Food Safety Product Withdrawal: Dunkin' Donuts temporarily stops selling hot chocolate and Dunkaccino brand beverages due to recall of dry dairy ingredients by Plainview Milk Products Cooperative.
- Allergy Alert: Boucherie chez Jacques (Viande S.G.; 5170, rue Beaubien Est, Montréal, QC) recalls chicken pâté and vol-au-vent sauce due to the presence of undeclared soy, wheat and milk
- Food Safety Recall: Bruno Morel Inc. (730, boulevard des Récollets, Trois-Rivières, QC) recalls vacuum-packaged Cuisses de canard confit Fouquet because the manner of packaging is conducive to the growth of Clostridium botulinum.
- Food Safety Recall: The Canadian Food Inspection Agency alerts consumers to a recall of President's Choice brand beef cuts and ground beef, imported from the United States and distributed in Québec, Ontario and the Atlantic Provinces. JBS Swift Beef Company, the US supplier, has recalled 380,000 pounds of beef due to possible contamination with E. coli O157:H7.
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket's recall web site.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Giant Food LLC
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- Harvey's Supermarket
- The Kroger Company*
- Price Chopper
- Roundy's Supermarkets, Inc.
- Stop & Shop
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.
*The Kroger umbrella encompasses numerous supermarket, marketplace and convenience store chains, listed on the Kroger corporate home page.
If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please submit your request using the link on our sidebar.