- Food Safety Recall: General Mills recalls five "best if used by" date codes of “Nut Lovers” flavor Nature Valley Granola Nut Clusters product containing pecans, because the pecans that were supplied to General Mills may be contaminated with Salmonella. The recalled products were sold nationally in grocery stores – including Price Chopper and Giant Food Stores – convenience stores and vending outlets.
- Food Safety Recall: Meijer recalls fresh hamburger and fresh ground beef sold in its stores in Michigan, Ohio, Indiana, Illinois and Kentucky, after learning that the meat, which originated with JBS Swift Beef Company, may be contaminated with E. coli O157:H7
- Food Safety Recall: Mike’s Produce, Inc. (dba Kowalke Family Sprouts) recalls alfalfa sprout products after receiving notification that a surveillance sample taken at a retail location with a June 21 sell-by date tested positive for Salmonella. FDA has since inspected the Kowalke production facility and has not detected Salmonella on the production equipment or anywhere else in the Kowalke Family Sprouts facility.
- Food Safety Recall: Lewis Laboratories International, Ltd. recalls certain lot numbers of Weigh Down Chocolate Flavor Nutrition Drink Mix after learning that an ingredient supplied by Plainview Milk Products may be contaminated with Salmonella
- Food Safety Recall: Max Muscle Sports Nutrition has issued a voluntary recall for Max Muscle products containing whey protein concentrate that was supplied by Plainview Milk Products and may be contaminated with Salmonella
- Food Safety Recall: McClancy Seasoning Co. recalls Alba Instant Non-Fat Dry Milk (25.6 oz), Alba Instant Non-Fat Dry Milk (9.6 oz), Alba Creamy Milk Chocolate Snack Shake Mix (6 oz), Alba Double Fudge Royale Snack Shake Mix (6 oz), Alba Smooth Vanilla Bean Snack Shake Mix (6 oz) and Alba Strawberry Banana Snack Shake Mix (6 oz). The products contain instant nonfat dry milk that was recalled by Plainview Milk Products because of possible Salmonella contamination.
- Food Safety Recall: Trans-Packers Services Corp. recalls Dairy Shake blends because they contain instant nonfat dry milk that was recalled by Plainview Milk Products due to possible Salmonella contamination.
- Food Safety Recall: Vital Pharmaceuticals Inc. recalls 17 lots of Stealth Chocolate and Stealth Vanilla powdered dietary supplements due to possible Salmonella contamination. The recalled supplements contain milk protein concentrate supplied by Plainview Milk Products.
- Allergy Alert: Treasure Mills Bakery recalls certain Treasure Mills brand Brownie Bars due to the presence of undeclared milk. The recalled Brownie Bars were distributed nationally. One allergic reaction has been reported
- Food Safety Recall: Canadian Food Inspection Agency warns that imported Gourmet Hot Cocoa Mix and Gourmet Hot Chocolate Mix, sold in Port Dover (ON), Sydney (NS) and Cavendish (PEI), may be contaminated with Salmonella and have been recalled
- Food Safety Recall: Boutique des Becs Fins (9045, route Sir-Wilfrid-Laurier, Mirabel, QC) recalls fresh and frozen foie gras de canard, because the recalled product was manufactured and packaged under conditions that may present a hazard to health. The recalled foie gras was sold vacuum-packed in variable size packages.
Europe, Including the United Kingdom
- Food Safety Recall (Republic of Ireland): The Food Safety Authority of Ireland warns that a batch of sesame seeds, which originated in India and was supplied via the UK to three supermarket chains, was found to be contaminated with Salmonella and has been recalled. The seeds were available in Superquinn, Supervalu and Tesco stores, and have been removed from store shelves.
Australia and New Zealand
- Allergy Alert: Global Castle Pty Ltd. recalls three varieties of 2 Minute Chef ready-to-eat meals due to the presence of undeclared gluten
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket's recall web site.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Giant Food LLC
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- Harvey's Supermarket
- The Kroger Company*
- Price Chopper
- Roundy's Supermarkets, Inc.
- Stop & Shop
- Sweetbay Supermarkets
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.
*The Kroger umbrella encompasses numerous supermarket, marketplace and convenience store chains, listed on the Kroger corporate home page.
If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please submit your request using the link on our sidebar.