If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please click here or submit your request using the sidebar link. Please include "subscribe eFoodAlert" in the subject line.
- Allergy Alert: Mocaroma (Canada) Ltd. (Scarborough, ON) recalls Dai Pai Dong brand No Sugar Added Instant Soya Milk (160g box; Best before 31-10-11), because the product contains undeclared milk. The recalled instant soya milk was distributed in Ontario.
- Allergy Alert (UK): Wm Morrisons Supermarkets PLC recalls Morrisons Free From Chocolate and Orange Bar, 35g (Best before end December 2011) because the product contains undeclared milk.
- Allergy Alert (UK): SFC Ltd. recalls SFC Chicken Mini Fillets, 200g (Best before December 2011 and March 2012; Batch codes L0315 and L0336, respectively), because the product contains undeclared celery. The recalled product is only sold in Sainsbury's stores.
- Allergy Alert (Ireland): The Food Safety Authority of Ireland warns consumers that soya was detected in Amaizin Organic Chilli Cornrolls (Best before 14.04.2011; Batch code 301950331). The soya was not declared on the product label.
- Food Safety Withdrawal (Ireland): UK authorities have requested a withdrawal of Natco Brown Basmati Rice (Product of Pakistan; Batch No. 0902107067; Best before 28.02.2012), due to the presence of aflatoxins. Some of the implicated product was distributed to a small number of food businesses in Cork and Dublin, and has been withdrawn from sale.
- Pharmaceutical Product Safety Recall: Aguettant recalls Aguettant brand Morphine (chlorhydrate) 10 mg/ml - 1 ml injectable solution, after an ampoule of Atropine was found in a box of ampoules labelled Morphine.
- Animal Feed Safety Notification (EU #2011.0012): Salmonella Agona in rapeseed meal from Belgium; distributed to Finland.
- Pet Food Safety Notification (EU #2011.0013): Salmonella Senftenberg in dog chew from India; distributed to Sweden.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2011.0014): Salmonella in pork fat from Germany; distributed to Italy.
- Allergy Alert Notification (EU #2011.0015): Undeclared soya in chili flavoured corn chips from the Netherlands; distributed to Ireland.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2011.0016): Aflatoxins in unsalted pistachio nuts in shell from Italy; distributed to Gibraltar and the United Kingdom.
Australia and New Zealand
- Allergy Alert (Update): Coles Supermarkets Australia Ltd. recalls Coles Frozen Crumbed Fish Fillets Lemon Flavoured (1 kg and 425g; product of China; all Best before dates up to and including 05/01/2013), because the product contains undeclared peanuts. The recalled frozen fish was distributed nationally in Australia; no information on distribution outside Australia is available.
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket's recall web site.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Giant Food LLC
- Gros Cidac (Italy)
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- The Kroger Company*
- Lucky Supermarkets
- Price Chopper
- Roundy's Supermarkets, Inc.
- Stop & Shop
- Sweetbay Supermarkets
- Top Food & Drug
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- WinCo Foods
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.
*The Kroger umbrella encompasses numerous supermarket, marketplace and convenience store chains, listed on the Kroger corporate home page.