If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please click here or submit your request using the sidebar link. Please include "subscribe eFoodAlert" in the subject line.
- Food Safety Recall: Colorado Meat Packers (Denver, CO) recalls 2,234 pounds of beef trim that was improperly labeled and potentially adulterated. The recalled trim was produced on December 2, 2010 and sent to a federal establishment in Colorado for further processing.
- Food Safety Recall (Expansion): One Great Burger (Elizabeth, NJ) expands its January 10, 2011 recall to include an undetermined amount of additional ground beef products that may have become spoiled. The recalled products were produced between April 2010 and May 2010 and were distributed to grocery stores in Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana and Mississippi.
- Alcohol Swab/Pad Safety Recall (Update): Genentech, Inc. advises patients and healthcare providers that the Triad alcohol prep pads enclosed in its Boniva Injection, Fuzeon, Nutropin A.Q. Pen, Pegasys, and TNKase medicines should not be used. The alcohol prep pads were recalled by Triad Group due to possible contamination with Bacillus cereus.
- OTC Pharmaceutical Product Safety Recall: McNeil Consumer Healthcare (Fort Washington, PA) recalls at the wholesale level certain lots of Tylenol® 8 Hour, Tylenol® Arthritis Pain, and Tylenol® upper respiratory products, and certain lots of Benadryl®, Sudafed PE® and Sinutab® products distributed in the United States, the Caribbean and Brazil, after a review of past production records found instances where equipment cleaning procedures were insufficient or that cleaning was not adequately documented. In addition, McNeil is recalling at the wholesale level certain production lots of Rolaids® Multi-Symptom Berry Tablets distributed in the United States in order to update the labeling.
- Allergy Alert Expanded: Mocaroma (Canada) Ltd. expands its earlier recall of Dai Pai Dong brand No Sugar Added Instant Soya Milk to include all Best Before dates. The recalled product, which was distributed in Ontario, contains undeclared milk.
- Food Safety Recall: Circle City Marketing and Distributing, d.b.a. Candy Dynamics (Indianapolis, IN) has recalled all lots and flavors of Toxic Waste® brand Nuclear Sludge® Chew Bars (imported from Pakistan), after the California Department of Public Health found elevated lead levels in lot #8288A of the cherry flavor. The recalled products may have been distributed nationally in Canada.
- Alcohol Swab/Pad Safety Recall (Update): Bowers Medical Ltd. recalls alcohol swabsticks, swabs and prep pads manufactured by Triad Group (all lot numbers). In addition, Bowers is recalling lubricating jelly (all lot numbers beginning with 7, 8, 9 and 0) manufactured by Triad group.
- Food Safety Recall (France): Lidl recalls three-color peppers in bags – poivrons tricolores en sachets – (lot L-01-05 TUTW), imported from Spain and sold in Lidl stores between January 11 and January 14th. The recalled peppers contain ethephon residues in excess of the legal limit.
Latin America and the Caribbean
- OTC Pharmaceutical Product Safety Recall: McNeil Consumer Healthcare (Fort Washington, PA) recalls at the wholesale level certain lots of Tylenol® 8 Hour, Tylenol® Arthritis Pain, and Tylenol® upper respiratory products, and certain lots of Benadryl®, Sudafed PE® and Sinutab® products distributed in the United States, the Caribbean and Brazil, after a review of past production records found instances where equipment cleaning procedures were insufficient or that cleaning was not adequately documented.
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket's recall web site.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Giant Food LLC
- Gros Cidac (Italy)
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- The Kroger Company*
- Lucky Supermarkets
- Price Chopper
- Roundy's Supermarkets, Inc.
- Stop & Shop
- Sweetbay Supermarkets
- Top Food & Drug
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- WinCo Foods
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.
*The Kroger umbrella encompasses numerous supermarket, marketplace and convenience store chains, listed on the Kroger corporate home page.