If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please click here or submit your request using the sidebar link. Please include "subscribe eFoodAlert" in the subject line.
- Allergy Alert Update (Retail Distribution): USDA publishes list of retail consignees for frozen meat and poultry products recalled by Homestead Pasta Company due to mislabeling and the presence of undeclared whey.
- Food Recall (Labeling): Manufacturer recalls Organic Valley Lightly Salted Butter, 1lb., because the boxes contain salted butter instead of lightly salted butter.
- Food Recall/Allergy Alert (Labeling): Lettieri's Foods, Inc. (Shakopee, MN) recalls Lettieri's Breakfast Stackers Sausage, Egg & Cheese within a flakey biscuit and Real Time Café Breakfast Stacker Sausage, Egg & Cheese within a flakey pastry, because the products contain monosodium glutamate (MSG), which is not declared on the label.
- Consumer Product Safety Recall: Calisson Inc. (Dana Point, CA) recalls Cool-it Soother by Vulli teething rings (manufactured in France), due to an ingestion hazard.
- Allergy Alert: Quebec's Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food (MAPAQ) advises individuals who are allergic to milk proteins not to consume Pâté des fêtes (all packages that do not mention the presence of butter) sold frozen at Avril Supermarket Santé (Brossard, QC), because the products contain undeclared butter.
- Allergy Alert: MAPAQ advises individuals who are allergic to milk or soy proteins not to consume the following items, sold at Mini Géneral IV (Châteauguay, QC), because they may contain undeclared milk or soy proteins: Hamburger steak (milk), Pâté chinois (soy), and Pâté au poulet (soy).
- Allergy Alert (France): Auchan recalls Auchan brand Purée de pommes de terre et carottes (300g microwave bowl; Best by 17.11.2011), because some of the packages may contain Mexican tuna salad instead of potato and carrot purée.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2011.0028): Cadmium in frozen crabs (Portunus trituberculatus) from China; distributed to Italy.
- Animal Feed Safety Notification (EU #2011.0029): Aflatoxins in sorghum from Egypt; distributed to Belgium.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2011.0031): Carbendazim in yams from Ghana; distributed to the United Kingdom.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2011.0032): Carbendazim and thiophanate-methyl in yams from Brazil; distributed to the United Kingdom.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2011.0033): Tebuconazole in yams from Ghana; distributed to the United Kingdom.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2011.0034): Carbendazim in yams from Ghana; distributed to the United Kingdom.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2011.0035): Carbendazim in yams from Brazil; distributed to the United Kingdom.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2011.0036): Carbendazim in baby yams from Jordan; distributed to the United Kingdom.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2011.0037): Carbendazim and thiophanate-methyl in yams from Brazil; distributed to the United Kingdom.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2011.0038): Migration of epoxidised soybean oil (ESBO) from twist-off lids of jars with pesto from Italy, via the Netherlands; distributed to Slovenia.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2011.0039): Carbendazim in yams from Ghana; distributed to the United Kingdom.
- Food Supplement Safety Notification (EU #2011.0040): Unauthorized gold and silver in food supplement from France; distributed to Spain.
Asia, Africa and the Pacific Islands
- Food Safety Alert (South Korea): The Incheon Regional Food and Drug Administration has charged the unauthorized manufacturer and seller of fresh juice with violations of the Food Sanitation Law after detecting excessive bacteria (up to 16 times the permitted limit) in the juice.
- Dietary Supplement Warning (Hong Kong): The Department of Health urges the public not to use C M Factor brand of slimming product, because it has been found to contain an analogue of the controlled ingredient, sibutramine.
- Dietary Supplement Safety Alert (Philippines): FDA warns the public that food/dietary supplements are not approved medicines and should not be used to treat any type of pain.
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket's recall web site.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Giant Food LLC
- Gros Cidac (Italy)
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- The Kroger Company*
- Lucky Supermarkets
- Price Chopper
- Roundy's Supermarkets, Inc.
- Stop & Shop
- Sweetbay Supermarkets
- Top Food & Drug
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- WinCo Foods
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.
*The Kroger umbrella encompasses numerous supermarket, marketplace and convenience store chains, listed on the Kroger corporate home page.