- Allergy Alert: Y.S.Trading Corp. (Long Island City NY) recalls its 161 gram waxed cardboard boxes of "Crown Cookie"(Choco Sanddo) because they may contain undeclared milk. The affected packages (batch codes 2008, 12. 01 & 2009, 11.30) were distributed in retail stores in New Jersey and New York City.
- Allergy Alert: Gilster-Mary Lee Corporation, a Private Label food manufacturer, recalls Great Value Berry Crunch cereal (lot code 07 21 10 N02) due to the presence of undeclared almonds. The recalled cereal was available in Walmart stores in a number of states.
- Food Safety Recall (mycotoxin): According to Giant Food Stores, Vermont Village Cannery has recalled Vermont Village Organic Peach Applesauce (Code Date: Best By 19May2012, Size: 24 OZ, UPC: 8464899928), because the product may contain Patulin, a mycotoxin. The recalled batch was sold at Giant, Martin's and TOPS grocery stores. TOPS has offered customer refunds for all batch codes of the applesauce.
- Food Safety Recall: The Kroger Co. reports a recall of FUCO Protein Peanut Butter Crunch Bar, 1.96 oz., and FUCO Perfect Weight America Peanut Butter Crunch Bar, 1.96 oz., due to possible contamination with Salmonella. The products were available in Ralph stores. The products were recalled by the manufacturer, Garden of Life, in May 2009 as part of the Peanut Corporation of America series of recalls.
- OTC Medication Recall: McNeil Consumer Health Care recalls several Children's/Infant's Tylenol Suspension products "...due to a remote possibility of the presence of a micro organism in a single raw material..." (see pages 4-7 of linked document for details).
- Food Safety Recall (Republic of Ireland): Musgrave Retail Partners Ireland recalls SuperValu Homestyle Crumbed Ham; Centra Homestyle Crumbed Ham and Centra Homestyle Cooked Ham (Batch code 276) cut in store at the deli-counter, after being advised by the manufacturer (Rudd Fine Foods) that a sample of Batch code 276 was found to contain Listeria monocytogenes. The recalled hams were distributed in Ireland and the United Kingdom.
- Food Safety Recall (Republic of Ireland): Pallas Foods recalls Rhyme sliced baked ham (Batch code B1) after being advised by the manufacturer (Farney Foods, Carrickmacross, Co. Monaghan) that a sample of the product was found to contain Listeria monocytogenes. The recalled ham was distributed in Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland.
Australia & New Zealand
- Food Safety Recall (Australia): Australian Eatwell Pty Ltd recalls Australian Eatwell Garden Fresh Vegie Burgers – Red Lentil, (Batch Code #310709) due to the possibility of contamination with glass fragments. The recalled product was distributed in Queensland only.
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket's recall web site.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Giant Food LLC
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- Harvey's Supermarket
- The Kroger Company*
- Price Chopper
- Roundy's Supermarkets, Inc.
- Stop & Shop
- Sweetbay Supermarkets
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.
*The Kroger umbrella encompasses numerous supermarket, marketplace and convenience store chains, listed on the Kroger corporate home page.
If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please submit your request using the link on our sidebar.