- Food Safety Recall: Ippolito International (Salinas, CA) recalls 1,715 cartons of recently harvested Queen Victoria brand and Tubby brand spinach after routine testing detects Salmonella. Queen Victoria brand spinach was shipped to Canada, California and 11 other states. Tubby brand spinach was distributed to California and New York.
- Pharmaceutical Safety Recall: Apotex recalls selected lots of APO-AMILZIDE (5-50mg), APO-MELOXICAM (7.5 & 15mg) and APO-RANITIDINE (75 & 150 mg) following an inspection of the company's Toronto manufacturing facility by Health Canada.
- Allergy Alert: Asda recalls certain date codes of Asda brand Chocolate Delights because the product contains undeclared soya
- Food Safety Alert (EU): Listeria monocytogenes (600 CFU/g) in smoked salmon from Denmark, with raw material from Norway, and distributed in Slovenia
- Food Safety Alert (EU): Salmonella in fresh holy basil and fresh horopa leaf, imported from Thailand and distributed in France and The Netherlands
- Food Safety Alert (EU): Salmonella enterica in salami from Belgium, distributed in The Netherlands.
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket's recall web site.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Giant Food LLC
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- Harvey's Supermarket
- The Kroger Company*
- Price Chopper
- Roundy's Supermarkets, Inc.
- Stop & Shop
- Sweetbay Supermarkets
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.
*The Kroger umbrella encompasses numerous supermarket, marketplace and convenience store chains, listed on the Kroger corporate home page.
If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please submit your request using the link on our sidebar.