If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please click here or submit your request using the sidebar link. Please include "subscribe eFoodAlert" in the subject line.
- Allergy Alert: McCormick & Company, Incorporated (Sparks, MD) recalls Golden Dipt® Fry Easy All-Purpose Batter, 10 oz (UPC Code 4123470111; “BEST BY” date of NOV 17 11 AH), because a very limited number of packages of Golden Dipt® All-Purpose Batter with this date code contain an undeclared egg ingredient. The recalled packages were distributed to grocery stores in the southeastern USA, including Food City and Publix stores.
- Food Safety Recall (Update): The Alaska Department of Environmental Conservation reports that cheeses recalled by Bravo Farms (Traver, CA) were distributed in Alaska. Consumers in the state who have purchased Bravo Farms cheese should discard it or return it to the place of purchase.
- Food Safety Recall (Update): USDA posts a retail distribution list for Calabro All Natural Rotolini Mozzarella & Prosciutto appetizers, recalled by Calabro Cheese due to contamination with Listeria monocytogenes.
- Food Safety Recall: Safeway Food & Drug (10541 Connecticut Avenue, Kensington, MD) recalls 220 pounds of ground beef sold on November 28, 2010 because these products may contain pieces of plastic and/or ink from a pen.
- OTC Pharmaceutical Products Recall: Johnson & Johnson-Merck Consumer Pharmaceuticals, Co. recalls twelve MYLANTA® liquid products and one AlteraGEL® liquid product in order to update the labeling for these products.
- FDA Warning Letter: FDA warns Friz-it Cold Storage, Inc. (Miami, FL) that a July 2010 inspection of the company's seafood processing facility revealed serious violations of the seafood Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) regulation and the Current Good Manufacturing Practice regulation for foods.
- FDA Warning Letter: FDA warns Prime Time Seafood, Inc. (Los Angeles, CA) that a June 2010 inspection of the company's seafood processing facility revealed serious violations of the seafood Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) regulation and the Current Good Manufacturing Practice regulation for foods.
- FDA Warning Letter: FDA warns Eagle Products (Chicago, IL) that April through June 2010 inspections of the company's food manufacturing facility revealed the presence of Listeria monocytogenes in the facility, in addition to significant violations of FDA's Current Good Manufacturing Practice (CGMP) requirements for manufacturing, packing, or holding human food.
- Allergy Alert: Boucherie la Pointe Gourmande (Saint-Basile-le Grand, QC) recalls Saucisse aux fines herbes (sausage with herbs), because the product contains undeclared wheat and milk protein.
- Food Safety Recall: Poissonnerie S.B.L. Ltée (Beauport, QC) recalls homard en pot de verre (lobster in glass jars) because the product label does not indicate that the contents must be stored under refrigeration ("garder réfrigéré").
- Allergy Alert (Finland): Pagen Oy Ab recalls Pågen SpelttiSubs and Pågen Maalaishyvä spelttiviipaleet (best before date between 06.11.2010 and 03.12.2010) because the breads contain undeclared peanuts.
- Food Safety Recall (Ireland): Boots recalls Gü Mug and Chocolate Gift Set (batch codes 144008, 148001, 148002 and 148003), imported from the UK, because of the potential for product spoilage by mold growth.
- Dietary Supplement Safety Warning (France): The public is warned that the consumption of Anabol Tablets, because the product is not authorized for sale in France.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.1627): Salmonella spp. in spice mixture from Turkey; distributed to Austria.
- Allergy Alert Safety Notification (EU #2010.1628): Traces of peanut in bread from Sweden; distributed to Denmark and Sweden.
Australia and New Zealand
- Food Safety Recall (Australia): Mount Majura Wines (ACT) Pty Ltd recalls Mount Majura Vineyard - Vino cotto (concentrated grape juice), 2010 production year, because of potential product instability due to fermentation.
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket's recall web site.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Giant Food LLC
- Gros Cidac (Italy)
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- The Kroger Company*
- Lucky Supermarkets
- Price Chopper
- Roundy's Supermarkets, Inc.
- Stop & Shop
- Sweetbay Supermarkets
- Top Food & Drug
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- WinCo Foods
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.
*The Kroger umbrella encompasses numerous supermarket, marketplace and convenience store chains, listed on the Kroger corporate home page.