If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please click here or submit your request using the sidebar link. Please include "subscribe eFoodAlert" in the subject line.
- Allergy Alert: The Murphy House (Louisburg, NC) recalls 414 lbs. of Brunswick stew products because they contain cracker meal with undeclared wheat and milk. The recalled Murphy House brand products carry a Sell By date of 5/17/10 and were distributed at the wholesale and retail level in North Carolina.
- Food Safety Recall (France): Tempe Production recalls its "Gendarme" Alsacian specialty smoked sausage after internal testing detected elevated levels (16,000/gram) of Listeria monocytogenes. The recalled product was sold nationwide by the piece between April 16 and April 29, or in self-service retail packaging bearing the manufacturer's labeling (lot 103, DLC 22/05/2010, 27/05/2010 et 28/05/2010, 02/06/2010).
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0524): Salmonella in pork loin ribs from Germany; distributed in Sweden.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0525): High content of lead in red lettuce leaves from Italy; distributed in Belgium.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0526): Salmonella Arizonae in frozen fruit mix in passion fruit juice from France, via Belgium; distributed in Finland.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0527): Listeria monocytogenes in smoked salmon from Poland; distributed in Germany.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0528): Escherichia coli, Salmonella and sulphite reducing anaerobes in frozen parsley from China, via the United Kingdom; distributed in France.
- Allergy Alert Notification (EU #2010.0529): Undeclared sulphite in black raisins from India; distributed in Germany and the Czech Republic.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0530): Too low content of linoleic acid in meal replacement from Spain; distributed in Slovenia.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0531): Parasitic infestation with Anisakis of fresh cod (Merluccius merluccius) from Croatia; distributed in Italy.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0532): Mercury in chilled sword fish (Xiphius gladius) from Spain; distributed in Italy.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0534): Aflatoxins in chili powder from India; distributed in France, Germany and Switzerland.
Australia and New Zealand
- Food Safety Recall (New Zealand): Premier Bacon Ltd is recalling their Premier Brick Shoulder Ham after discovering that it may not have been fully cooked. All 950g packs with a Use By date of 15th July 2010, Batch 112110 should not be consumed. The recalled ham was sold at the following Auckland supermarkets: Pak N Save at Albany, Botany Downs, Lincoln and Wairau; New World at Botany Downs.
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket's recall web site.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Giant Food LLC
- Gros Cidac (Italy)
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- Harvey's Supermarket
- The Kroger Company*
- Price Chopper
- Roundy's Supermarkets, Inc.
- Stop & Shop
- Sweetbay Supermarkets
- Top Food & Drug
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- WinCo Foods
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.
*The Kroger umbrella encompasses numerous supermarket, marketplace and convenience store chains, listed on the Kroger corporate home page.