- Allergy Alert: Publix recalls Publix Pumpkin Pecan Streusel Pie due to undeclared pecans.
- Food Recall: Food City alerts customer to recall of Valu Time Light Ranch Dressing 16 oz. No details given.
- Consumer Product (Toy) Recall: Kendamaspot LLC (Redmond, WA) recalls Japan-made Oozora and Shin-Fuji Kendama Japanese wooden skill toy balls because the surface paint coating contains excessive lead.
- Veterinary Drug Recall: Vétoquinol N.-A. Inc. recalls Lot # 9224 of Longisil, a prescription form of penicillin that is administered by injection and used to treat various infections in large animals such as cattle, sheep, pigs and horses and sometimes in cats and dogs. The recall was initiated after 14 dogs and possibly one cat that developed swelling and hives within minutes or hours of receiving an injection. All animals were treated immediately and fully recovered.
- Food Seizure (Italy): Italian authorities have seized 500 tons of bad seafood believed to be destined for New Year's Eve dinners, according to press reports.
- Food Safety Recall (UK): Morrisons supermarket recalls its own brand Ready to Eat Chilled Sweet Chilli Chicken Pieces (120g) after becoming aware that some packs labeled with a use-by date of 2 January 2010 may contain chicken that has been undercooked. The recalled chicken entrée was processes in the Republic of Ireland and may have been distributed to stores in that country also.
- Food Safety Notification (EU#2009.1787): Escherichia coli O157:H7 (presence in 3 out of 4 samples) in frozen bovine meat from Germany, via the Netherlands; distributed in France.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2009.1788): Mercury in smoked swordfish (Xiphias gladius) from Spain; distributed in Italy.
- Dietary Supplement Safety Notification (EU #2009.1789): Dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA) in food supplements from the United States; distributed in Cyprus.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2009.1790): Mercury in smoked swordfish (Xiphias gladius) from Spain; distributed in Italy.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2009.1791): Listeria monocytogenes (presence /25g) in smoked salmon from Poland; distributed in Italy.
Australia & New Zealand
- Food Safety Recall: European Foods Wholesalers (Perth, WA), an importer and distributor of specialty products, recalls Bonsoy Soy Milk, as part of national recall.
Asia, Africa & The Pacific
- Food Safety Recall (Singapore): The Agri-Food & Veterinary Authority has mandated a recall of Bonsoy Soy Milk, 1L tetra pack (all Best Before dates up to and including 03.11.11) after confirming independently the presence of elevated levels of iodine in the soy milk.
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket's recall web site.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Giant Food LLC
- Gros Cidac (Italy)
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- Harvey's Supermarket
- The Kroger Company*
- Price Chopper
- Roundy's Supermarkets, Inc.
- Stop & Shop
- Sweetbay Supermarkets
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.
*The Kroger umbrella encompasses numerous supermarket, marketplace and convenience store chains, listed on the Kroger corporate home page.
If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please submit your request using the link on our sidebar.